• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kegerator

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on, Hopp Schwiez!
I'm planning on making a kegerator from a chest freezer. I'd like it to hold 5 corny kegs and the gas canister. What size chest freezer would you recommend?

Funny you posted this as I'm actually in the process of looking for a chest freezer for my "keezer" project. I've heard people using cardboard cut outs of the keg bottoms and placing them in prospective units to make sure the kegs will fit. Heres a link that I used for some info...

A buddy of my that owns a brew store here in NH did this with a freezer I got him from work it was one of these. 14 cu. ft. he had 6 kegs and put the bottle behind the freezer.

Good idea on the cut outs. I'm also planning on putting it under a counter so I don't want to get to the 14 size.

I have a Holiday brand chest freezer from Lowe's I converted. I forget the size, but I know it fits four 5 gallon corney kegs plus a five pound Co2 bottle nicely. I don't think it's a 7 cu ft, it must be a 12 cu ft.

I don't think you'll find anything under 14 cu ft that will fit 5 kegs. You'll probably have to get a 12.