• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kidney Stones

Never had one personally, but my nephew fainted dead away at the pain from his first one. My father's ureter tubes, from kidneys to bladder, got completely blocked with stones once--top to bottom. :0

I eat really healthy and stay well hydrated, and according to my doctor am in great shape internally for someone who smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish . . . :laugh:

Here's hoping. I've seen it and it ain't pretty.

~Boar

Passed a kidney stone for the first time yesterday. Holy crap.

Anyone else out there ever been through this? Unreal pain.

I'm gonna smoke something extra mellow tonight.
hehe, welcome to the club! Do you know how big it was?

My first one was 3mm i think, maybe 2, and the pain was amazing. I got 3 major attacks waiting to pass it, on average the pain lasted for about 4 or 5 hours, and was constant without letting up. It would come in waves and radiate all over my abdomen and at times felt like my insides were being ripped out. I was praying to die screaming most of the time in the fetal position. Painkillers did nothing for it. Good times!!!

I hope it all works out for you!

I also drove myself to the ER at 3am during the attack as I thought my appendix was bursting, I had no idea what a stone was. I was so out of it I remember pissing in the driveway and almost falling over before I got into the car. haha...

Reading all of this makes me want to drink alot of water.

I was told that even water will make kidney stones, not sure if its true.
Actually, Spring water can cause kidney stones because of the high mineral content. Drink a lot of Reverse Osmosis water; very little mineral content. I too have been spared the horrors of kidney stones, but conversations like this make my nether regions ache. ???

I've been fortunate so far - I've never had kidney stone. However, I came close. I once had a horrible kidney infection 5 years ago that put me in the hospital for 3 days, and that was the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced....and this is coming from someone who's experienced labor pain. :0

You poor thing! I can only imagine how horrible kidney stones are, especially after reading some of these posts! That reminds me, I need to go drink my water....

Drinks another beer and crosses his fingers...

So, I'm now three days into this ordeal, and working on the second stone.

What's really strange is the way it stops hurting for a while and then, WHAM! Pain.

The reason it stops hurting is because it is moving! You would think the opposite to be true. The term for the pain is renal colic. The pain occurs when the stone blocks the flow of urine, which causes the kidney to swell and press against a nerve center.

In my personal experience the pain of pissing the thing out was NOTHING compared to the pain before hand.

Good luck man!

Oh man, I definitely feel for ya! Drink lots of cranberry juice and pray that little sucker makes it out soon!