• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kill the dog or the wife?

Shuji

As some of you read in my 'Of course I can read' pass thread, my wife left the top open on my coolerdor and her new puppy demolished about half my stash.

Now, the question. Which of them should get in the most trouble over it? The dog or the wife? (I figure the dog is probably pretty sick today anyway!)

OUCH. I'm sorry for you Shuji.

I do think that the dog is probably learning his lesson if he actually ingested more than a few scraps of cigar - yuck. If I were you I'd pretend that the dog died - hide him somewhere and tell your wife that the dog died from eating cigars because she left it open. Let her think about that for a little while and I think your coolidor will probably be properly closed from now on.

Now, I don't know your wife (and I'm evil) so you may not want to do this if you think she might take it a little too hard or if you know you'd be sleeping on the couch after you told her you were just kidding.

LOL ... she might not take that too well. But it *was* her fault, after all ...

kill the dog.

get a lock for your humi.

:thumbs:

only way to go.
am glad the my desktop humi (which I keep on my desk) has a lock on it.
I know of a few people in my dorm who would gladly rummage through it and grab a few (two of them even know what to look for)

Oh Man, Charlie that sux big time. Actually, I prefer tolerance and prevention. So I say, if the dog survives the gars, give the wife a hug and tell her "It is just cigars baby, nothing that can't be replaced" and then put a snap latch on it and a self closer on the lid.

QUOTE (SamClemmons @ Dec 15 2003, 12:16 PM)
You.
It's your fault.

NA 

How do you figure?

Shuji, trust me, take Neal's advice. In the interest of marital bliss, it's ALWAYS your fault.

If you remember that, you'll be married forever ;)

coventrycat86 said:
Shuji, trust me, take Neal's advice. In the interest of marital bliss, it's ALWAYS your fault.

If you remember that, you'll be married forever ;)
Is that really what you want?!

j/k

It's neither the dog nor your wife's fault. It's that darn mistress... Fate. She deserves a swift kick in the butt. :angry:

I say blame the wife forgive the dog. Dog acctually did ya a favor now when the Mrs gives you that look for buying another box of cigars you can pull the guilt card " well ya know the dog ..... " you should be able to use this guilt for at least a month or two till she catches on

Lumberg said:
just from reading the title of the thread it's a no-brainer.
Well, I doubt either of them will be killed. :p

The dog (my dad checked on her for me) is sick, but doing well. My wife called me a minute ago apologizing again. She knew that I was excited about starting a pass.

And anyway, it just gives me an excuse to pick up some more, right? Too bad the budget didn't increase along with the destruction.

Why was she in there to be leaving the lid open in the first place??

If she was just opening it up to say shame on you for spending all that money, then use the guilt card for as long as it lasts.

If she was getting you a smoke or getting one for her self, then shes worth more then the cigars ever were anyway.

If she was getting you a smoke or getting one for her self, then shes worth more then the cigars ever were anyway.

LMAO @ Gibu

The same thing went through my mind as well.

Shuji, what kind of cigars does your wife want for Chirstmas? Does she prefer Havanas, domestics, maduros, etc.? And NO LYING, I don't want you telling me they're for her when in fact they're for you :D

LOL ... she was actually retrieving a cigar for my dad.

As for her, she likes CAO Moontrance, and that's about it. I can't get her off of the flavored stuff.

Oh, wait .. I mean uh ... last week I got her to try some Fuentes, and she thought they were very good. She also loves Padrons, and you can't go wrong with just about anything Dominican. She won't touch any non-aged Cubans, though. Yeah, yeah, that's what I meant. Yeah.

The dog simply did what dogs do.
The wife simply did what wives do.
You allowed your wife to do what you should have done and if you weren't home your dad should have gotten his own stick.
The rule at my house is;

I don't root around in your piles and piles of shoes and I don't say anything when you come home with three new pair, you don't ever open my humidor under any circumstances and you don't say anything when I come home with three new boxes.

It is your fault. They are your cigars. They are your responsibility.

Shame on you.

NA

SamClemmons said:
The dog simply did what dogs do.
The wife simply did what wives do.
You allowed your wife to do what you should have done and if you weren't home your dad should have gotten his own stick.
The rule at my house is;

I don't root around in your piles and piles of shoes and I don't say anything when you come home with three new pair, you don't ever open my humidor under any circumstances and you don't say anything when I come home with three new boxes.

It is your fault. They are your cigars. They are your responsibility.

Shame on you.

NA
Unfortunately, very well said. :(