• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kimichi

sack

'From man's sweat and God's love, beer came to be.
A friend of mine gifted me some of this Korean sauerkraut, it has a lot of cabbage in it and it's pickled. I ate it with some canned sardines and corn tortillas, i have to say i really liked it. The bottle was marked 'mild' bu it still had a little bit of a bite. My question is 'anyone have a menu of foods that you eat with Kimchi? Thanks for any info, i know if i liked it with sardines and tortillas, i should really love it with the foods it was meant for. :love:

Cabbage and sardines? Keerist! At your age? Break out the NBC gear.

Doc.

From my limited experience with Korean friends and at Korean restaurants, you eat kimchi with everything. It is severed in a little bowl as a side, along with lots of other small bowls of sides.

My wife's family has it sometimes. They eat in on rice. They also like to eat it on steak. I never really cared for it myself, but they like it.

Kimchi is served with most every meal as a side dish (Banchan). I personally like it Deng Shim Gui, Bulgogi, Galbi Jim, Bibimbap, well, you get the picture! I love the dish!

Kimchi is served with most every meal as a side dish (Banchan). I personally like it Deng Shim Gui, Bulgogi, Galbi Jim, Bibimbap, well, you get the picture! I love the dish!

Charlie hit the mark, it is delicious with bulgogi and bibimbap.

I hope you do not have neighbors! When I was in grad school, my girlfriend (now wife) lived in an apartment building next to several Korean families -- and the kimchi odor permeated the hallways. Nasty, nasty smell. To this day, I gag on the smell.

I hope you do not have neighbors! When I was in grad school, my girlfriend (now wife) lived in an apartment building next to several Korean families -- and the kimchi odor permeated the hallways. Nasty, nasty smell. To this day, I gag on the smell.

Wife's Korean and we buy it in the cool containers called jars with lids on them from the local Asian store............your neighbors must have been making their own and yes, it can be very ripe as it is after all "fermented cabbage". ;)

I never liked this stuff the entire time I was in Korea. Before I deployed, I started trying it at some of the Korean restaurants in town and it grew on me after a couple of samples. Love the stuff, now.

Spicy pork bulgogi is my favorite to eat with it. :D

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Kimchi!!! (correct spl.)

I keep mine buried in the backyard in clay pots, old world style!!! :thumbs:

Damn Charlie! I had no idea you were such a gourmand, we should have gone to a Korean restaurant the day you had me walking all over the north side of town. :laugh: Thanks for all the ideas. :thumbs:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Kimchi!!! (correct spl.)

I keep mine buried in the backyard in clay pots, old world style!!! :thumbs:
Is Kimchi the dish that's called 1000 years old, You are old school brother. :D

I lived with a Korean family for a few months, and they served it with every meal as a side dish, as well. I love it...but theirs was NOT mild. It was a definite sinus opener - but delicious.

Find some rice, fry up some Spam, and enjoy with aformentionted kimchi. Add a fried egg and you will be in heaven.

You can also eat kimchi with ramen (or instant noodle). Simple but tasty.

Try it on a hot dog...My mother is Korean and I used put it on a hot dog.
Funny you should bring that up, had it yesterday with a dog and it was marvelous. Thanks to everyone who came up with a new way to try it. :D

Now you have to try Korean BBQ. :)

Can be had as a meal with rice or as a condiment to other foods. Yes go to a Korean BBQ, you'll really like it! I had it for lunch on Saturday, at a little place that has a all you can eat type set-up. They have cucumber served kimichi style that are outstanding.

Yaki-man-do, I know that is not even close, but Ilike it with my Kimichi

Tim