• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kiwi fruit

Shooter

Living life on the heavies.
Reaction score
Well I had a co-worker tell me that he uses kiwi to tenderize his steaks. I have to be wary of werid advice cause I am such a joker at work, ppl are always trying to get one up on me. He says he slices it thin and covers the steaks top and bottom with them.

What the hell ( I guess I could have googled it first). I went for it and sure enough I let em sit for about an hr or so and they sure did tenderize the meat. I could certainly tell the difference between spots with kiwi and spots without. It didn't impart any wierd flavor or antyhing. I just salt and peppered em and grilled em.

I had a few no shows, so I left the rib eyes in the fridge for a day and a half with the kiwis on em and it turned the top 8th inch into a patee. Nothing like rib eye spread.

Give it a shot, I was impressed.

Did it impart any kiwi flavor to the meat?

I find that a little bit of vinegar and lemon juice work great, and in small amounts it tenderizes the meat without much change in flavor.

Most of the meat I cook with was shot by either my fiancee or myself. Most of the marinades we use for venison and moose has some sort of fruit juice or wine component. I have found that the acids both tame and tenderize the meat. We also use plain yogurt as the base for many of our fowl marinades.

Billy

I learned from an old friend to tenderize steak in Worsteshire sauce and we add a bunch of minced garlic and some salt and let it sit a few hrs. We usually buy good cuts so they don't really need much but the flavor of the mixture is nummy! The kiwi thing sounds interesting. I think I'll give it a shot sometime! Thanks for sharing!

I learned from an old friend to tenderize steak in Worsteshire sauce and we add a bunch of minced garlic and some salt and let it sit a few hrs. We usually buy good cuts so they don't really need much but the flavor of the mixture is nummy! The kiwi thing sounds interesting. I think I'll give it a shot sometime! Thanks for sharing!

Oh yeah Baby :p