• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Knife collectors?

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
So, anyone here collect knives? I have a small collection, only a couple what I would consider "nice" ones. Curious to know if anyone else is into this hobby.

And, I'm looking for a small automatic. No more than 4" - 4 1/2" open. It can be spring assisted, but would prefer an auto. Anyone have a line on a nice one that not too awful expensive (but good quality) or want to trade something, LMK.

I have a couple collector type knives but THIS is my favorite, the A.G. Russell One Hand Knife is the one I keep in my eartquake kit.

:cool:

I have a couple collector type knives but THIS is my favorite, the A.G. Russell One Hand Knife is the one I keep in my eartquake kit.

As I well have a small collection (about 8) of knives. Have really always appreciated knives, from the first
one my grandfather gave me as a kid, to K-BARS.

I have a couple but nothing to brag about. I enjoy knives always wanted to have a bigger collection. There is some great history in knives

I've got about 300 in my collection and growing. Most are actually tactical's for use and not for show. PM if you are interested in a trade.

Fish

I'm not a collector (I use the knives I own) but I do have a couple of nice ones....

My everyday knife is a Benchmade mini-AFCK...I bought it before 9/11 and it is was originally designed to be a "carry on"...the blade length is 3 7/8...just short enough to pass the length test of 4 inches.

On special occasions I carry a Chris Reeve Mnandi that my wife bought for me. I also carry a benchmade 2 bladed knife sometimes.

I have made a few knives from old files and also from kits/parts I bought online (mostly from Jantz supply).

The Randall store is located in Orlando and I've been there a couple of times....never bought anything though.

Knives are cool!

I'm not a knife collector, but I got a few for functional use. What do you guys think of the Hibben knives? They are a form over function kind of deal.

edited to add linky.

Pics would be nice.

Have a few of the finer knifes. Everyday knife is a Benchmade 9100 Police Special LE, only 250 made. Used it for a few years now and has never let me down, and it has been through a lot.

I'm not a collector (I use the knives I own) but I do have a couple of nice ones....

My everyday knife is a Benchmade mini-AFCK...I bought it before 9/11 and it is was originally designed to be a "carry on"...the blade length is 3 7/8...just short enough to pass the length test of 4 inches.

On special occasions I carry a Chris Reeve Mnandi that my wife bought for me. I also carry a benchmade 2 bladed knife sometimes.

I have made a few knives from old files and also from kits/parts I bought online (mostly from Jantz supply).

The Randall store is located in Orlando and I've been there a couple of times....never bought anything though.

Knives are cool!

Nice knives ...... :thumbs:

I have 40 or so. I can get you as much info as you would possibly want on automatics. Send me a PM with style preferences, etc, and we can find a perfect one for you.
I just got my Busse Game warden skeleton back from the custom sheathmaker tonight. It looks great.
Also, posted a picture of my CombatGrad Fusion Battle Mistress (also a Busse) on the "ask Smokelaw1 a question" thread.

Go with the OTF

Bench made has their first Last Year "The Infidel"

Then of coarse Microtech's OTF. They are with out a doubt THE Shit!!

Only Bad news your gonna have to spend $500.

I've only got one that I carry with me everyday - Buck Folding Alpha Hunter (based on picture, pretty sure this is the model I have).

med_279BK.jpg

I have a friend that collects Buck knives. I got him this one for his Birthday (on ebay).

BuckZipperLPR.jpg

I've got a decent collection of traditional folding pocket knives. Mostly Case, Fight'n Rooster, Queen, and the like. My favorite carry knives are the Ken Onion knives by Kershaw.

Some nice knives listed here. I've been looking at a couple of Kershaw's that may fit the bill. I want something small I can't really feel in my pocket. I don't like carrying a bunch of stuff in my pockets and prefer not to use a belt case. I have a couple clip knives and a couple that hook onto a keychain/climber hook type connection. The smaller knife would be an everyday user for opening boxes and stripping wire on occasion.

Stripping wire? That's what your front teeth are for at least up to 14 gauge..... :laugh:

I have this Benchmade E-Bay, Also a a bunch of Swiss Army knives. I still have the original one I carried on my gunbelt and purchased in 1991.