• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Knife collectors?

OH yeh, forgot to mention. Go to a local gun show and you'll probably get a decent deal

Some nice knives listed here. I've been looking at a couple of Kershaw's that may fit the bill. I want something small I can't really feel in my pocket. I don't like carrying a bunch of stuff in my pockets and prefer not to use a belt case. I have a couple clip knives and a couple that hook onto a keychain/climber hook type connection. The smaller knife would be an everyday user for opening boxes and stripping wire on occasion.

My everyday pocket knife is a Queen Small Stockman, looks something like this ....

26P.jpg

:cool:

Buck makes a great, thin, pocket knife. My model is numbered 521, there is also a 525.

I just searched and all I am finding is the 521 le which is painted or something or the smaller model. The one I have is 3 7/8" closed, 6 1/2 open, maybe as thick as 3 credit cards. Dam sharp, buck quality and it's so light you don't even notice it in your pocket.

If I can find a link to my model I'll post it.

Some nice knives listed here. I've been looking at a couple of Kershaw's that may fit the bill. I want something small I can't really feel in my pocket. I don't like carrying a bunch of stuff in my pockets and prefer not to use a belt case. I have a couple clip knives and a couple that hook onto a keychain/climber hook type connection. The smaller knife would be an everyday user for opening boxes and stripping wire on occasion.

I use a Spyderco Ladybug (serrated) for a sharp small knife that carries easy and cuts like a big knife.

Matt - knifeman is a huge knife collector, and actually puts on a knife shown in central Texas every year. I know he's been going through some issues at home, and hasn't been posting lately, but he checks in fairly regularly. I'd suggest you PM him - he'll hook you up... :thumbs:

I am not a knife collector because any extra money for me goes to cigars! I only have a few tactical type knives I use for work. I went to a Case Outlet and I bet they had a thousand different Case knives, and I was hooked. They sure were purty! :D

Brandon

Matt we sell all kinds of knives! We have Kershaws, Benchmade, Micro-tech,Pro-tech, Chris Reeve, William Henry... We carry autos and assisted opening knives. I have a small collection myself but the store would blow your mind(insert filthy joke here!). Let me know what you are after exactly and I will get you hooked up! :thumbs:

I got all my knives out of all the different places they were lying about and took a picure. Small collection and not much to write home about, but, what the heck.

DSC02216-vi.jpg

L to R: little Western whittler, Klein, Blackstone, Kershaw Scallion assisted, Woodard auto, Sheffield, Marbles Tak Fukuta benchmade

That Woodard auto is nice!

Yeah, I didn't realize the Woodard's were that hard to come by now. I bought this one from a buddy a few years back for $50. I carried it daily until I decided it was best not to invite a felony in Illinois... LMAO!

Here is my work knife. The flipper system is much faster and safer than autos in stress situations. The belt clip can be moved to the opposite side of the handle. This allows the flipper to catch on your pants pocket on the way out and open the knife as it is drawn. It takes some practice but is is extremely fast.

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum4403.php

I'm in KY this weekend and plan to do a bit of knife shopping, if I find anything interesting.

So, Kenny, that's how you make your sales! :sign:

Getting a new addition to my collection and plan to put this to good use. Just had to share the beauty and splendor of this baby:

bear2.jpg

bear1.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

Since there are some other folding-blade fans here, I also often carry:

1. Gerber LMF II Infantry
2. SOG FSA 98
3. X2 Voyager
4. Spyderco Manix

I'm not a collector collector...that is I don't own any collectible knives but I do have a hand full.

My money clip is a CRKT K.I.S.S. but unlike the linked picture, mine is polished steel with a gold plated clip.

I also own two other CRKT knives...I like 'em that much. The CRKT M16-12LE is my favorite jeans pocket knife...and probably my favorite tactical folder ever. I've also got the larger sibling, the Titanium model in the larger 14T size. Both are outfitted with Tanto blade.

At work, I often carry the Victorinox SwissMemory.

When I'm out in the field, engaged in photography, camping, fishing and the like, I used to carry the Victorinox Swiss Champ. Unfortunately, it was stolen from my luggage at DFW and I haven't replaced it yet.

It seldom sees the light of day anymore but I also have a Buck Model 102 (I think) that I purchased in 1978. Carried it deer hunting for years.

On the more unusual side, I cut leather with an Al Stohlman Round Knife that's "scary sharp."