• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Korean style pulled pork sauce

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
However you want to cook your pork is up to you. I use a Big Green Egg and the pork is just plain with no rub.

Prior to the pork being done, an hour or a day it doesn't matter, make the sauce. To do this you will need:
1 cup Soy Sauce (I use what is called Mushroom Sauce which you can find in Oriental markets but regular will work too)
3/4 cup Dark Brown sugar ( or regular sugar with 2 teaspoons of Molasses)
1 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar (I've used regular vinegar and can't really tell the difference)
2 Tbs Sriracha Garlic paste
2 Tbs minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbs Sesame oil
2 tsp honey
2 tsp black pepper (I like it a bit spicier so I use a half tsp of Cayenne and 1 1/2 tsp of black)
1 Tbs corn Starch
1 Tbs water

This amount of mixture will do an 8 lb pork butt.

Stir in everything but the corn starch and water in pot and bring it to a boil
While the above mixture is heating up in a small bowl whisk the cornstarch and water together until it is smooth.
Once the Soy sauce mixture is boiling stir in the cornstarch and reduce heat and cook until sauce thickens (3-5 minutes)

Pull your pork and place it on a bowl or pan. pour mixture over pork and mix well.
Pretty good with a cabbage leaf wrap or on a bun. The heat sneaks up on you from the back of the tongue.

Sauce is ready and I'm smoking the butt right now. :)

I've been doing Crockpot Dr. Pepper pulled pork, with various commercial BBQ sauces used after pulling . . . this looks VERY interesting and much better.

~Boar

Sounds good, I'll have to give a shot.

This sounds tasty as heck. I'll be trying this out soon.
Cigar pairing? I'm thinking something spicy, like a Tatuaje Regios...