• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

L O S T

I may retract some of my earlier statements. I just read a bit of a long winded but good synopsis of the series and final episode.

LOST Re-cap

This actually makes a lot of sense. It's actually a really good read.

Pretty good read...thanks for the link!

I guess this is the part I'm having a hard time with. The sideways world being purgatory until they correct their sins and move on, with the moving on part taken place in the last scene. That helps make sense of it I guess. So they weren't dead, got off the island, came back to the island, and basically all died there when the island went down? What about the guys in the plane over on hydra island? What is/was richards signifigance to all this?

I guess they got me "lost" in this episode lol.

No, all the one's that got off the island, Lupidas, Sawyer, Richard, Miles, Kate, all went home and led their lives until they died. Jack died on the island, but not before seeing the flight with those five people leave safely.

We already found out Richard's significance a couple episodes ago when Jacob asked him to be his right hand man, much like Hurley did with Benjamin Linus.

We don't know when, or how for that matter, Hurley, Ben and all the others that got off this island died. All that is known is that the Sideways was a common meeting ground for all the Islanders. What's left to be known is if that was a common meeting ground, "Purgatory", for the average Joe such as ourselves. Who were all the 'extras' in the Sideways? Was it their Purgatory as well? Or just figments of the Islander's imaginations?

All you guys can go eabod...my local affiliate screwed the pooch. Equipment malfunctions caused freezing, copy audio and some scenes were blank.

I am not going to read any responses, but yes I know I can watch it on-line and it replays on Saturday.

All you guys can go eabod...my local affiliate screwed the pooch. Equipment malfunctions caused freezing, copy audio and some scenes were blank.

I am not going to read any responses, but yes I know I can watch it on-line and it replays on Saturday.

I would have shit a brick!!!! I was sooo worried of that happening. I made a day of that night and had a lost party with my family, I would have been livid if they screwed the pooch like that.

Hopefully you get to see it soon and can enjoy it.

I may retract some of my earlier statements. I just read a bit of a long winded but good synopsis of the series and final episode.

LOST Re-cap

Not sure why it happened, but I opened the link and had a bad experience. Something caused IE to try opening multiple tabs on that site. It slowed my computer waaay down. Had to use Task Manager to shut down IE. Wouldn't have minded as much if I was home, but this is the office machine. Anyway, open the link with caution.

LOST Re-cap

Not sure why it happened, but I opened the link and had a bad experience. Something caused IE to try opening multiple tabs on that site. It slowed my computer waaay down. Had to use Task Manager to shut down IE. Wouldn't have minded as much if I was home, but this is the office machine. Anyway, open the link with caution.

Hmmm... Still loads fine for me. But I use Firefox so if it's trying to open tabs Firefox stops it. Sorry about that.

LOST Re-cap

Hmmm... Still loads fine for me. But I use Firefox so if it's trying to open tabs Firefox stops it. Sorry about that.

No problem. Crap happens. Definitely got my adrenaline pumping for a while. As I'm furiously hitting the close window icon, I'm thinking 'S**t...how do I explain this virus to our MIS Department?' :laugh:

Did have a question about the finale though. What was the reason the spirits didn't recognize each other in Sideways? I probably missed the expalination.

Finally watched the last episode last night and I think they did a great job. One thing Jack's father said at the end helped me a lot, he said something to the effect of "There is no now". That helped explain that the reunion in the church took place outside of time so they all could've died at seperate times. I kind of thought they were hinting at parallel universes rather than separate worlds as that link suggests, but who knows. I watch very little network TV anymore, but that was definitely a good show.

Finally watched the last episode last night and I think they did a great job. One thing Jack's father said at the end helped me a lot, he said something to the effect of "There is no now". That helped explain that the reunion in the church took place outside of time so they all could've died at seperate times. I kind of thought they were hinting at parallel universes rather than separate worlds as that link suggests, but who knows. I watch very little network TV anymore, but that was definitely a good show.

I just finished up watching the DVR'ed replay, with the pop-ups annoying the Sh!t out of me.

All and all a pretty good episode. I wish they would have addressed some of the more outstanding questions and spent a little more time on the background/genesis of the island/others/DHARMA, lack of child production, why some people could leave the island and not others, etc...etc...

When Jack was talking to his father, Jack asked "are they all dead?" His father replied (in gist) that some died before him (Jack) and some died much later, his father also told him that everything that had happened was real.

Lost was like a lot of Books I’ve read; it was a fantastic journey with an anticlimax ending. Still worth the ride though.