• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aroma de Cuba

bursty

Anyone have any comments on the La Aroma de Cubas? I saw them at my local shop today and decided to pick up a robusto. Looks pretty tasty but I couldnt find any reviews on here about them. I'll let it rest for a couple weeks and give it shot. :thumbs:

-bursty

I have tried the La Aroma De Cuba Robustos. They aren't a bad cigar. They have a nutty and leathery taste and flavor to them. I have smoked 2 boxes of these particular cigars so far. They aren't bad, but to me they seemed kind of one dimensional. They are medium to full bodied cigars. I have also tried the La Aroma De Cuba Double Coronas.

Had my first one last Wednesday. I thoug hit was a nice cigar overall. Even I could pick out the nutty flavor, and now that Bill Clinton points it out they have a leathery flavor as well. (So that's what a "leathery" flavor is... still new to picking out the differing flavor adjectives) If I remember correctly there was a slight bit of spice to them. Nothing major, just a nice note to add to the other flavors. IMHO it wasn't a super complex cigar flavor-wise but I've had worse. The burn was close to perfect, with just a few slightly uneven points. None of which required a touch-up to get back to straight burning. I would certainly smoke this brand again. I may not however, as there are plently of other options in this price range that I either like better, or have yet to try.

Lots of people like these but I'm not a big fan......

BUT, don't listen to me, if YOU like them, that's all that matters!

This is my favorite everyday cigar. Since my palate has been destroyed by 41 yrs. of smoking Camel straights, I don't taste all those wonderful things you folks percieve. But in my mind it's damn fine tobacco, resonably priced, and easy to find.

Doc.

I second DD
excellent (Ashton) construction nice body to the smoke and a moderate flavor profile.

A goto smoke for me

Just bought a box of the corona size
Just bought a box of camacho corojo naccionales too

Another goto smoke

I have a friend who raves about them, but I've had three in a row plugged. I gave up.

JK

The draw does tend to be tight, but I've never had one that was plugged.

Doc.

Its one of only two cigars that my finace smokes. She loves them. The only downside I see to them is that they have a tight draw. Its a decent smoke.

I found this cigar shortly after it was released...I guess around 2-3 years ago? Anyway, I smoked through a box of the Monarchs (toro-sized) and have another in my humidor. IMHO, a great, medium-bodied smoke. Inexpensive, appealing taste, and those that I have smoked have had great construction. Unfortunate that some have experienced lesser construction with these. If you just want to try for taste, smoke the corona minor. I think it might pack the most flavor of all of the line. :thumbs:

I agree with cigardawg, I really like the La Aroma de Cuba coronas, they are a nice smoke. Much better than the robusto or other sizes IMHO. Most of the La Aroma de Cuba robustos I've smoked have had draw problems and just didn't pack the punch of the coronas.

Edited for clarity :)

They were very popular and highly rated when they first came out. I had some then and have not gone back to them for some reason. Probably, because other cigars are more interesting for me. In fact I think the local B&M shop had some sort of special on them a couple of weeks ago. I will check and see if it still going and what it was.

golfgar said:
They were very popular and highly rated when they first came out. I had some then and have not gone back to them for some reason. Probably, because other cigars are more interesting for me. In fact I think the local B&M shop had some sort of special on them a couple of weeks ago. I will check and see if it still going and what it was.
[snapback]270540[/snapback]​
Which shop? If they are still there, I might have to pick up a few more.

Liked them a lot when they first came out, actually bought a couple boxes at my local B&M during some special he was having. Noticed the tight draw on the robusto size, and basically forgot I had them until a month or so ago. After 2+ years aging in my humidor, these have turned into a really nice smoke. Very tasty, and the draw problems seemed to have vanished over time.

Would recommend putting a few away for several months, as mine have definetly developed for the better over time.

I tried one of these about a year and 1/2 ago. I have smoked several of the Robustos and I think they are pretty good. They seem pretty mild to medium to me. I tried either the Toro or the Tubo and it seemed quite a bit spicier to me. I think these are good cigars, but I havent smoked one in a few months. I keep meaning to buy some just to age them. I am sure 6 months or so in the humi would help.

The La Aroma De Cuba cigars were the primary brand cigars that Sir Winston Churchill used to smoke.

bursty said:
golfgar said:
They were very popular and highly rated when they first came out.  I had some then and have not gone back to them for some reason.  Probably, because other cigars are more interesting for me.  In fact I think the local B&M shop had some sort of special on them a couple of weeks ago.  I will check and see if it still going and what it was.
[snapback]270540[/snapback]​
Which shop? If they are still there, I might have to pick up a few more.
[snapback]270548[/snapback]​

I'm pretty sure it was St. Louis Cigars, at Mason and Olive. I will be going there tomorrow and let you know.

Bill Clinton said:
The La Aroma De Cuba cigars were the primary brand cigars that Sir Winston Churchill used to smoke.
[snapback]270882[/snapback]​

These are Honduran, I assume he smoked Cubans.

Gave La Aroma de Cuba a try a couple of weeks ago. I believe the stick I tried was a "Corona Minor" a very small vitola. The prelight smell was extremely appealing, another thing I noticed was how soft this stick was, not firm at all, very moist as well, but not overly humidified, as I smoked it right after purchasing it at the local B&M and they tend to keep things a little less humid than I would like.

I wasn't as pleased with this stick as I had thought I would. I thought it burned rather harsh, and very hot, which kind of turned me off. It could have been the conditions it was stored in at the shop, so I will have to try some more to give a more viable opinion. :)