• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aroma de Cuba

I have tried a couple of them, and I liked the flavor, but the draw was so tight that it seem too much work for what the flavor was worth.

Just my two cent.

golfgar said:
Bill Clinton said:
The La Aroma De Cuba cigars were the primary brand cigars that Sir Winston Churchill used to smoke.
[snapback]270882[/snapback]​

These are Honduran, I assume he smoked Cubans.
[snapback]270897[/snapback]​

You're both right...kinda. Churchill did not smoke Honduran La Aroma de Cubas. Apparently there was once a cuban brand of the same name. This is from an old cA article:

As Larry Arnn, an assistant to Martin Gilbert, Churchill's official biographer, has said, "Thereafter, cigar and Cuban were synonymous for Churchill." Indeed, among Churchill's favorite brands were Romeo y Julieta and the now-defunct La Aroma de Cuba. He had a number of regular suppliers of Havanas who kept him well-stocked with cigars throughout his life, even during the prohibitive years of war.

Link to the rest of the article: http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Pr...,2540,5,00.html

I had sampled a few Robusto & Extra/Double Robusto (HUGE) and I found them a to be a well constructed pretty tasty medium to strong cigar. Sometimes tight on the draw, nice medium ash, constant flavor predominantly straight tobacco with some spice & creaminess to it. For the $$$ not bad at all nothing to avoid, but also nothing to write home about. When I see them as a special at my B&M I would buy a few to have laying around, as from what I heard/learned they seem to really benefit from some aging.

Hey Bursty, I just posted a review of the LDC Monarch in the Cigar Review Rm. Hope this helps you out some.

I picked up two (coronas I think) of these last weekend. Smoked one right away on the long drive home.

I swear for the first 1/4 I picked up that hard candy essence some others describe! The other flavors present were leather and hints of spice. 1/2 way to 3/4 point hard candy disappeared but the leather and spice flavors picked up alot.

A very enjoyable and smooth cigar...until the last 1/4. It became extremely bitter. To the point I couldn't finish it. Anyone have experience like this? Does it have to do with how the cigar was smoked?

Burn was good and even. Nice beige like ash. Draw was a little tight but not a problem.

The first 3/4's were so enjoyable I would still give them another chance and could see La Aroma as a keeper.

It's one of those good smokes for the price. I always have some in the humidor, good smoke, not great, but good.

However, what really matters, is what you think, because everyone is quite different. Although there are some cigars that most people agree on, everyone has their own preference. That's what makes it fun about sharing our experiences around here!