• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aurora Oscuro Barrel Aged

StinkiMonki

Cimb in the back with your head in the clouds and
Has anyone seen this smoke on the shelf yet? I saw it at RTDA last August but it's been hiding since then.

Stinki

In the Chicagoland area, at least one of the Binny's liquor stores had them in early December. A buddy of mine picked some up from another B&M in the 'burbs (for those in IL, it was a shop in St. Charles I believe).

Chicago may have had them but doubtful. La Aurora has not released them yet...(we had bundled ones for participants of our Post Turkey Day Crawl) I think they are scheduled to come out either next month or in May. I know La Aurora is working on releases for the 300 series and the barrel aged and I forget which is when. I'll find out for sure after I visit La Aurora next month.

barrelaged.jpg

Next we saw Jose Blanco’s latest creation, the La Aurora Barrel Aged Oscuro cigars. He ages all of the tobacco for this baby in these giant rum barrels. This imparts a slight sweetness to the tobacco while it retains a full, round flavor.

And, from CA, more info.

Dan

Chicago may have had them but doubtful. La Aurora has not released them yet...(we had bundled ones for participants of our Post Turkey Day Crawl) I think they are scheduled to come out either next month or in May. I know La Aurora is working on releases for the 300 series and the barrel aged and I forget which is when. I'll find out for sure after I visit La Aurora next month.

Yep, i had the pleasure of smoking one of these bad boys. They are a great creamy, full bodied smoke. Wonderful!

I love an oscuro wrapper but I don't know about the rum barrel part. I'll look for one when they come out - sounds interesting.

I'll be keeping an eye open for this one as well.

In the Chicagoland area, at least one of the Binny's liquor stores had them in early December. A buddy of mine picked some up from another B&M in the 'burbs (for those in IL, it was a shop in St. Charles I believe).

I stand partially corrected. When my friend bought the 1495 set with different wrappers, the shop gave him some of these Barrel Aged cigars from a sampler it had. I have yet to smoke the one he gave me. They made it to IL, just not for sale yet.

This may be out of your traveling range but cigarking will be hosting an event on Feb 15 in Scottsdale, AZ with Jose Blanco himself to promote this cigar. Being a certified whore for most La Aurora cigars, I emailed them since I'm from also from Calif and they said they'll give me special pricing the day of. Email their team, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out with this. Ive dealt with them before and they're service was good. Side note; I don't work for them, just stating my experience(s).

Hope that helps some

Strangeness

The first release of this cigar on the west coast will be at Havana Cigars in Anthem, Az on Feb. 13th, as far as Jose Blanco being there we cannot confirm or deny
see details at www.havanacigarsaz.com

Marc
www.cigarcompanero.com

:D Guys I will be in Arizona doing some events with the barrel Aged, it will only be in a robusto size as a pre-release to see what people think of it, I look forward to your reviews, remember that smoking is one of the true pleasures in life.

Guys....they are terrible. Send ALL of them to me. I'll get rid of em for you.

We have had them and they are a fantasticly complex cigar that does not overpower. Very tasty. Can't wait til they get here.

:D Guys I will be in Arizona doing some events with the barrel Aged, it will only be in a robusto size as a pre-release to see what people think of it, I look forward to your reviews, remember that smoking is one of the true pleasures in life.

Since i can't get to AZ, send me a couple, i'll do up a nice review :D

FWIW I had one last summer/fall and generally liked it but I think it just needed some more time. I thought it started off very well but didn't finish that well which at the time thought it just needed a little more rest. I will no doubt pick a few up when they come out but will most likely wait a bit before firing them up.

Tone-ny,
I've already got a call in to Havana Cigars AZ. The proprietor was unavailable. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know what I find out.