• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Crosse Technology Weather Station

T2P

Green Horn
I bought the model below a few months ago and finally got around to calibrating it. I used the large volume salt test (1/2 C salt plus 1/4C water in a coffee mug) and sealed it in a bag for about 10 hours. I checked on it this morning and it read a steady 71%. Based on this it is off by 4% (should read 75). Now my question is, does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this model to compensate? Also, is there anything I could have done wrong to get a misreading?

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/9023/index.php

I seem to recall Rod telling me to let it sit for 24 hours to get a more accurate reading on mine. Other than that I just keep a little post it with the differences in mine. Nice unit thought!

I seem to recall Rod telling me to let it sit for 24 hours to get a more accurate reading on mine. Other than that I just keep a little post it with the differences in mine. Nice unit though!

If the extra 24 hours don't help, I would suggest contacting their support.

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/support/contact.php

Very nice.

I would have to think that you should leave it in your salt test for at least 24-36 hours. There are quite a number of posts on this type of issue.

I salt test my hygros every 6-7 months and when they first get in there they all seem to go nuts with readings for at least the first 6-8 hours and then slowly work their way to the 75% number-ish. YMMV of course.

I have an older LaCrosse Weather station and the temp is right on, but the humidity reading is not very accurate. If its raining outside it will only read between 84&88% humidity. Most other times the humidity reading seems to be consistent with what is reported on Weather Channel for me. So I'm not sure how much I would trust the unit. Although I do enjoy the wireless feature on mine as well

Art

I went ahead an let it sit longer (been 18 hours) and it still reads a steady 71%. At least I know it is consistant right? I went ahead and dropped customer support a line (thanks w00t) and will post when I hear back.

24 hours usually works fine (for me), but I've had lousy and inconsistant results with bags. I'd at least "double bag" the test environment, or better yet, a big mason jar is a much better way to go.

I've got a La Crosse Weather station, but it's outside on the porch, not in my cabinet......
laugh.gif

Good luck - B.B.S.

Here is La Crosses response....

Regarding Model Number: WS-9023U-IT.

All La Crosse Technology products have a humidity accuracy of +/- 7%. So in a side by side comparison of our indoor and outdoor units, up to 14% difference is considered within tolerance (indoor reads 7% low, outdoor reads 7% high). All electronic devices have similar tolerances.

Geez, only a 7% difference. Guess it doesn't know the difference between fog and rain??? ???

Now now, WI is not that bad. At least we can buy booze on Sunday!

An update, the Lacrosse rep said there is also no way to calibrate so +4 is my new motto.