• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor de Oliva

cessna16

Hello guys,

Today I went to my favorite tobacconist called THE WHARF and had a La Flor de Oliva torpedo. This cigar is in my opinion a great value a cigar at about $2-3 bucks a pop. I personally got mostly leather and woody notes out of mine, and it was a pretty mild cigar. It did put out a consistant flavor, which made up for it being more mild. This is an easy everyday cigar if you wanted it to be, but not something to drool over. This was my first torpedo shaped cigar ever, and I'm not so sure about this shape in and of itself. I personally like the more straight forward corona and churchill shapes, I believe they give me a more straight forward flavor with minimal tar. The tapered end on the torpedo seems to give off a little more tar than usual in a cigar, probably because of the fact that the ring gauge goes down before it enters your mouth. The finish on this cigar seems to be quite short, with a pretty thin smoke. I prefer a more dense smoke and a longer finish to play around with and try to make smoke rings. All and all the Flor de Oliva isn't a bad smoke at all, like I said it's a great value cigar. Well this is an update on what I had on this particular day.

Smoke em' if you got em'

The Flor is a great tasting stick for the price. I picked up a couple each of the Gold, Maduro, and a couple others and am happy with the ones I've already had. I went off another person's recommendation and am quite happy with them. They can be easily overlooked, but they're pretty good.

I smoked one of those about a mouth ago. I haven’t smoked many cigars to compare it to but I thought it was a little light and plain, no thing spectacular. I got over priced though; I paid $7.00 at a news and smoke shop in Boulder, Co for one.

Edit Edit the $7.00 one was a Olivia O series
I smoked a regular $1-2 Flora de Olivia last night it was alright the first part had a cheap fill taste got better during the bottom. The wrapper split when cut.
It had good burn and I liked the shape and size 5x50 torpedo but I wouldn’t buy another one.

I agree, great stick for the price. One of my top value choices.

groucho