• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LA FLOR DOMINICANA MYSTERY

Thoughts

Forehead wrinkle king
Got this from a friend who got it with the cohiba spectre. Supposed to be a limited release or something, but whatever, let’s smoke it!

30000415-8402-4BAB-9A2A-B7DB242C1D8B.jpeg
dry draw: sweet surprisingly. Cocoa
6B5ADEBD-529F-4B66-BDA6-B688578B34C2.jpeg
first third: nope, not sweet. Damn this thing is heavy. It’s aged for sure. I can tell cause I can retrohale without vomiting my tears out my nose to cool it down. Espresso for sure, pepper but it’s controlled, already getting tobacco flavors, wood maybe?
56D50A43-BACB-4E71-8262-EA49FA1757E2.jpeg
second third: less pepper and more ‘meh flavors.’ Felt like smoking a medium cigar that was punching you in the face with a ‘small person (however the correct term is)’. Less espresso and pepper coming through more but still tolerable while enjoying a little bit of cream, tobacco is gone and wood is there for sure1112A276-0525-439B-A433-AEAB468816DB.jpeg
Final third: legs are getting a little wobbly at this point. Not sure if it’s due to the cigar or the 3 shots of wild turkey and three fingers of Longbranch that I drank to ‘help’ with the flavor but at least in the last third I’m getting some tobacco, minimal cream, pepper, and minimal espresso with it now. Still, overall, this thing has some power without punching you in the jaw....purposefully. More like an accidental punch that you excuse and then feel your jaw as you get up making sure they actually hit you or not.

Final thoughts.

Would not buy. Even if there was a sale. Dunno if this had too much age or what due to the decreased flavors. I do believe, even if more flavors were involved, a stronger version of this would have been warranted at this point. It kept most of its strength of full/Med-full throughout, even though it was stalking me with tha fullness. It’s an experience for sure, but one I’m glad to have under my belt, like going through hazing, at the age of 32....

Last edited:
I have purchased boxes of both the LFD Unreleased & the LFD Mystery; they are different blends but I prefer the Unreleased.
Unreleased = 6 1/2" x 44 rg, with a Maduro wrapper, flavor profile similar to the Double Ligero Maduro
Mystery = 5 7/8" x 48 rg, with a Colorado Oscuro wrapper, noticeably 'sweeter' & not as bold as the Unreleased

IMO the OP smoked a 'Mystery' 5 7/8 x 48 ;)

Still waiting for my favorite LFD, the LFD Litto Gomex Diez, to be reintroduced .................. hurry the **** up, already 🤣

Last edited:
This review reminded me that I have a couple of old LFD Mysterios somewhere in the coolerdors.

Might have to give one a whirl!