• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana

Fuscat

This will be my first review! Hope it comes out ok!! :) (and yes I know I can't spell for shit!)

From the LFD website:

"We started by obtaining Connecticut broadleaf wrappers that have been aging for several years. The filler is Corojo aged from the very first crop our farm produced in 1997, while the binder is a Sumatra seed (also grown on our farm) put to age for the last eight years"

Size: 6.5" x 60

This great cigar was gifted to myself, and another KC member Todd Mac, by a very genrous KC BOTL, OutlawSP. (Can't thank you enough Scott!) Being the LFD whores that Todd and I both are, this was a fantastic opertunity! We decided we should definitely meet up and share this fine smoke together! Today was that day, and damn was it a good one!

I am still a noob, and I do not have a refined pallate yet. So unfortunately I can't go into specific flavors etc, I will just share what I can.

Construction was top notch, while the press of it seemed to make it look considerably aged. It's a flatter box press "chocalate bar" style smoke. Very hefty, and the wrapper was dark & rich. This cigar was introduced at the 2005 RTDA, so they were aged about a year or so.

The number one word that comes to mind is, "smooth". The overall experience was of a double ligero LFD that was very refined and balanced. I am guessing a combo of the blend of well aged tobacco's and the humidor age on them really smoothed this cigar out.

The foot aroma was typical of the LFD DL line. The pre-light draw give a hint of the spicy bite you are acustomed to as a fan of the brand, but also had something else to it. It light well right off the bat, and gave that signature bite of spice mentioned earlier. It took off and burnt well from the start, and that continued for the length of the smoke, with only a touch up here or there due to user error. I settled in and puffed on this baby for well over 2 hours!

The bite faded quick, and it settled into very consistant flavor. And once again smoothness was the name of the game. It tasted similar yet different to the rest of the LFD line. While I really cannot describe flavors yet, if you smoke LFD's regularly you will find yourself right at home, but without some of the harshness or bitterness of the spice you do of the normal double ligero's.

Fantastic aged tobacco flavor, earthiness and a bit of sweetness seem to round out what I tasted. I would say this is probably the best tasting cigar I myself have ever smoked. It stayed consistant through the first third, nice and smooth, and felt medium in body and strength. Into the second third the flavors and smoothness stayed but the strength seemed to noticably pick up a bit and carried into the last third. Once onto the finish, it definitely picked up in strength, but yet stayed in the medium body range. The balance of strength and flavor of the smoke throughout was outstanding!

It produced a nice medium amount of smoke each puff as I burned it all the way down till my fingers were scorched! Not to much and not to little, really just the right amount. It had that nice LFD aroma. We started smoking them by about 5:30 or so and with only a couple pauses in between while chatting it up with JHawk & his wife, and Todd, I put the nub down just after 8:00ish.

I love the regular LFD line, but this stick takes the cake! All in all, I have to say it was the best cigar I have smoked yet!! Being such a fan of the regular line of LFD's this was a superb treat. Once again a huge thank you to OutlawSP for giving us the opertunity to smoke one! (and tuck one away! ;) ) I will be looking forward to the second factory press, and the rest of the new LFD's headed our way!! I can't wait to see how they stack up!!

Nice review Derek!! Sounds like everyone had a very nice time and the smoke was exceptional! Glad you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for the review; my mouth is watering. :thumbs: Take care

Brandon

Nice Review... Haven't smoked an LFD before, I think I have one in my humi that was gifted to me, but I gots to check!
Makes me want to smoke it now though!

Nice review. Glad to see you enjoyed this smoke. I have always refered to this smoke as "the snickers bar", because of its size and flavor. Now all you need is a new Factory Press II.

Hey thanks for the reply's!

It was kick ass smoke for sure!
Vinny, don't wait smoke that LFD ya got!

And yep, I will most definitely be getting ahold of Factory Press II! Along with the rest of new ones! Such a great line up coming out, just wish the new sticks hadn't jumped so much up the price range! But that's expected for the limited edition smokes..

I am an LFD lover as well and really enjoyed the only Factory Press I've had. Only problem with this cigar (IMO) is the overly large ring gauge. Other than that, it was great! :thumbs:

Who will be the first to post a review of the FP 2?
The FP is one of my favorite cigars i have had in years.
Nice review brother, glad you enjoyed it!

Great review...my sentiments on the nose!

The first one I smoked was enormous and very tasty...I have one more sitting since that first purchase and can't wait to light it up. If it aged well...then I will have a great time.

-Fetter

I am an LFD lover as well and really enjoyed the only Factory Press I've had. Only problem with this cigar (IMO) is the overly large ring gauge. Other than that, it was great! :thumbs:

The LFD Factory Press II is a bit smaller. Supposedly, it is a slightly different blend as well. They look fantastic. :thumbs:

I had my first Factory Press I tonight -- it was OUTSTANDING!!!! :thumbs:

I am a LFD press whore. I love em. Just picked up 2 # 2's the the other day. Will have to let em sit for awhile.