• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana

emodx

Banned
I was picking up some top shelf gars at the tobbaconist yesterday. A present to my self for getting a promotion. So after I pick 3 very nice tasties, I ask the helpful gentleman," What do you have that is as good as these sticks, but many people don't buy, and is fairly inexpensive" He pulls out a La Flor Dominicana 100 tubo. He opens the cap and said, "Here, smell this"
This is 1 damn great smelling cigar. I was quite impressed with the nose on this one. Has anyone had it before. Does the taste live up to the nose? Gawd I hope so...I'll smoke this one in a couple days after it stabilizes and post a review.

Emo

Thanks man...This one was an important one for me to pick up...too bad I still have 13-14 years left before retirement...It is a nice feeling to be at the 1/3 point in my millitary career and to advanced to the point where I am at now. :)

Emo

Been there and done that brother. I was fast tracking in the army, made E-6 in 4 years and finally quit on an early out option because I wanted to use my Educational money 25,600 to get another Graduate degree. I KNOW how important those early high level promotions are!!

Keep at it and enjoy! Congratulations on the promotion!

DING DING DINGHorse is the winner! Not that this was a contest, but someone did say they'd put money on it. Bwaaahhhhaaaa

On June 1 I'll be promoted to Electronics Technician 1st Class...That's E-6 for you land lubbers...LMAO

Emo

Ahhh,, so all you do is ride on a boat and intercept cuban refugees with their smokes :)

NO Hallis you don't get it!! NOW he rides on a boat, intercepts cuban refugees and orders OTHERS to intercept them and bring the contraband smokes to him!  

Tis a WORLD of difference!!   :D  :D  :D

i just smoked my first 100 tubo yesterday off the shelf from my local source.im a big fan of the ligero 400's but these are da bomb!! much less papery taste and  rock steady flavor throughout.ya know, i read  opinions that "dominican" isnt as full bodied or strong as nicaraguan(<spelled right?) ive only been smokin 2yrs but these puros seem like the pride of santo domingo.im trying a few more singles, then in the cooler the boxes go!!!!    :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Hey Gmoney, do they taste like they smell?
Firestorm is correct in some respects. I go from being a team leader of 2-4 guys to a shop supervisor of of 8-9 guys. As far contraband goes, I have only heard of 1 Coast Guard bust of people smuggling Cuban cigars. Some rich couple had like 100 boxes on their Hatteras. We don't even bother really looking for cigars. Just drugs and illegal aliens. We let customs worry bout cigars... Hard enough to stop drugs from coming into the country...lol

Emo

hi emodx, i just herfed another one .not like the first but no bitter or rank flavors,the roach was the best part(as usual ;> ) i do like a pre light whiff and draw test and those were a bit subtle from the first.she just put out a new box but had a few singles from the previous lot on top. i took a single thinking these are a little aged or drier.i dont think these move as fast as like perdomo or cohibas etc. any way im gonna roast  a couple more and get back to ya.....         but yo, id work on those cubanos, thats a hell uva perk ya got goin thanks to uncle sam     :p  :sign:  :sign:

Yeah, if I remember correctly, when we go through customs, our XO fills out all forms for us. The day prior to returning home we fill out a basic yes no questionaire "if" we are declaring anything. Most of us don't declare anything, except the liqour we are bringing back.  And that is because after buying it we have to turn it in to be locked up. Then when we pull in, a customs agent comes on board, the XO talks to him/her, then the agent leaves...Takes about 20 minutes. Keep in mind there are over 100 men and woman on my class of ship. So what ever secret handshake they got going on, I keep my nose out of their buisness. ;)

Emo