• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Cuban Tainos

TheLostGringo

Go Red Sox!
Looking to see if anyone has any experience with this cigar could share their thoughts. I currently have a box of 2005's that I have yet to open and was looking at a box of 2001's.

If you have had an LGC Tainos from '01 I specifically would be interested to hear your thoughts before I pull the trigger.

TIA

I smoke a gifted Tainos (thank you Roy R Frush) last summer. I do not know what year but must have been 06. It was very flavorful and multidimensional. It was a little milder than an R&J churchill but I will be interested in a BS as Vince suggested :)

I have been smoking LGC Tainos from 2001 and 2005 and they are nice, pleasant, mildish, floral cigars. Not one to have with a porter or coffee. A good cigar, possibly great under the right conditions.

Wilkey

I've been smoking the '01s and love 'em. Wilkey's description matches mine. These are the unsung hero of the marca if you ask me.

I smoke a gifted Tainos (thank you Roy R Frush) last summer. I do not know what year but must have been 06. It was very flavorful and multidimensional. It was a little milder than an R&J churchill but I will be interested in a BS as Vince suggested :)

That was an '01, Joe.

It's been over a year since I've smoked one, as the second half of the first one I sampled left me with the impression they needed more time. The first half was ridiculously tasty, though. Glad to hear it seems like they've come around.

Since they come in 10ct boxes, forget the split and just grab a box!

Great Smoke!
I know where there is a big stock of boxes from December 2000 and I've been slowly depleting the stack, every trip to Varadero. :)
Never had a bad one. It's one of those vitolas that was supposed to be "discontinued" so it's good to know that there are some 2006 versions around.

Commander Bob
Big LGC Fan

Elliott,

My bad on the year. I enjoyed it! Thank you again. Are you going to the quad state?

That was an '01, Joe.

It's been over a year since I've smoked one, as the second half of the first one I sampled left me with the impression they needed more time. The first half was ridiculously tasty, though. Glad to hear it seems like they've come around.

Since they come in 10ct boxes, forget the split and just grab a box!