• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Cubana -- Havana

I smoked the first, last, and only La Gloria Cubana - Habana cigar that I have ever owned today in honor of Easter. I have had some Miami produced LGC's in the past with 10 years aging which were awesome, but the ISOM version was far superior to even the well aged "domestic" version. It was a Medaille d'Or #2, which is approximately a lonsdale size. It had a mild to medium body, and a really balanced and enjoyable ISOM twang. The cigar lit well, burned true, and had the characteristic dark gray ash found in south of the border cigars. It drew perfectly and there was simply a H-U-G-E volume of smoke! I enjoyed the cigar very much and was surprised at the vast difference between the "Habana" and domestic LGC. This was a true, take off the band, and smoke it down to your finger tips...nubber. I highly recommend this cigar if you occasionally like a mild/medium strength ISOM with very nice flavor. I smoked a Trinidad Funidore two days ago and this LGC Habana was a much tastier and more enjoyable stogie. How's that for a comparison? LGC Havana's are also usually sold at competitive prices versus Cohibas, Montecristo, Bolivar, Trinidad, etc. Try one and I think that you will be pleasantly surprised...I was.

Sam  :cool:

Just got a Taino and hope to compare the Med. #2 to it next weekend. :)

Not really impressed with LGC whether ISOM or not. Smoked an aged non ISOM torpedo last week and I let it put itself out and left it in my stogie graveyard, but my wife calls it an ashtray.

This is an excellent cigar. On the top of my list. :)

Just finished off an '02 LGC MdO No. 2 while walking the dog this morning. While not my favorite in the MdO line, the No. 2 rarely disappoints, and today's was no exception. Very mild -- it is a great morning smoke and was the perfect start to the day. The burn on these is always very consistent, and I can't seem to get enough of the '02s.