• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Cubana Serie R #5

Nobel

My first experience with the La Gloria Cubana brand was a good one, so here goes:

The #5 is a 5 1/2" cigar, with a 54 ring gauge. The wrapper was a nice, oily, Ecuadoran maduro. Filler was blended from Nicaraguan and Domincan tobacco, and the binder was also Nicaraguan.

Prelight aroma was strong (not in the bad way), and leathery. The burn started perfect, and ended almost perfect. Ash was light grey, with only a minor bit of flaking at the beginning (the rest was solid). The draw was good, but not quite perfect. The taste was great. The first 1/2 inch began to build to a great taste on the palate, lasting until it was finished. The enjoyable test led to an enjoyable aftertaste, as well.

Overall, this cigar was a great start to my exploration of the La Gloria Cubana brand, leaving me with great expectations for others of the line. I don't know how people relate setting to particular cigars, but if I were to have a choice, this cigar would be great after meal.

Im pretty damn fond of the LGC SR's myself. Done the No5 and the No6. I dont think I have an afternoon to set aside for a No 7 though LOL.

For a good everyday smoke try the LGC Wavell maduro. I always seem to grab them out of the humi when I cant decide on anything.

Russell

La Gloria Cubana is a great line of smokes.
I have a couple of #7 left. I would agree with you about smoking them after a meal. Another thing I like about this line is you can find very good deals on them. Cbid always has some up for auction. I have seen boxes go for 35%-40% under Internet retail.

The Serie R line of LGC are some of my favorite Maduros. Love that oily wrapper!

If you liked that stick you might enjoy the Romeo y Julieta reserve maddies ...similar price range and another one of my favorite maddies from a while back. Now that I think about them I should probably pay a revisit to the RyJ maddies since I haven't had one in a LONG time.

There is so much diversity in some of the larger brands like Romeo y Julietta and Montecristo, I have been afraid to pick anything up. I see so many differences (like Monte, the yellow boxes, the wooden boxes, the white boxes with the tubos, etc..), I don't know where to begin! I will check out those RyJ's, because the brand has been taunting me to buy one for a while now. Thanks for the recommendation!