• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Cubana

lucasbuck

Sheriff Buck
I've smoked several No. 2s from '98 and '02 and they've got to be the most boring Havanas ever. The only other vitola I've had are the Tainos from '01 which are decent. Mild does not describe how subtle these are but they do have enough complexity and flavor to keep me interested. The No. 2s on the other hand have been so blah it's a struggle just to make it half way through.

So my question is, who likes these and why ???

I've never had one. I put it on my wish list b/c I enjoy the NC's. How do they compare to the Serie R's?

You tryin' to talk about CIGARS?

What kind of place do you think this is? :laugh:

The only experience with Cuban LGCs that I have is with Tainos from 2003. They are medium in body with some nice toasty/nutty flavors. I really enjoy them, but they are far from my favorite. They are well constructed, but have a firmer draw than I like, keeping smoke production down. I agree that they are subtle.

ree ree robusto said:
I've never had one. I put it on my wish list b/c I enjoy the NC's. How do they compare to the Serie R's?
[snapback]208456[/snapback]​

Sorry, forgot to add this in my earlier post. They are nothing like the Series R or the NC LGCs period. They have a much more refined, subtle taste. The Series R especially is robust...nothing like the tainos that I have smoked.

I'll echo CD's thoughts. He gifted me a couple of the Tainos. Very, very smooth and mild-medium bodied. I enjoyed the flavors, but again, they were very subtle. I smoked this cigar in a cigar-bar; I think the flavors were subtle enough that if I were to have smoked it on a patio, deck, etc, then almost all flavor would have been lost.

Lopaka said:
I like the Serie R's
[snapback]209086[/snapback]​

This is the ISLAND OF CUBA forum therefore we only talk about CUBAN cigars in here :laugh:

Cuban vs. non-Cuban cigars with the same name have absolutely, positively NOTHING to do with one another. ;)

lucasbuck said:
I've smoked several No. 2s from '98 and '02 and they've got to be the most boring Havanas ever.

I smoked a No.2 along with our after breakfast coffee waiting to get to the 1st Tee on Saturday (my buddy who gave me the stick thought it was from '01 or '02 but wasn't sure..... either this was the strongest cup of coffee ever brewed ---or this cigar had NO TASTE as the coffee totally overpowered the smoke......

As a sidenote --- not quite sure how close we'll be to Trinity --- but my wife and I are leaving tomorrow for Ft Jackson, Columbia S.C. to see our youngest graduate Cadet Basic Training on Friday...sure would appreciate y'all getting the word out your fellow Sheriffs to be nice to cars from Jersey with West Point license tags..... :rolleyes: :D

The 98 LGC 1's are great cigars. Very complex with some decent nose to them. The rest of the line I pass on.

I really like the LGC R series.
I think its a great smoke. I would consider it a stronger cigar.
Good flavor that is not chalky. Great construction great burn and it seem that a lot of vendore are always dealing on them.
To be honest I think its a great all around cigar. They will always have a place in my humidor.
Actually I juts smoked my last one :(

Tonydogs ;)

This is one of the few ISOMs I haven't tried. Mostly because they have wierd sizes that don't really interest me, but I've been wondering how they were. After reading this I will surely pass on buying any. I like a fuller bodied cigar with LOTS of flavor.

I dunno, I had a box of #3's that I enjoyed even being an odd shaped panetela. I thought the flavors were different and while not srtong it was enough for me. I have one Taino that I have not smoked yet and after several years have not bought another box of LGC's, so maybe that tells the story better.

I just tried one of these recently and it was great. I am not a fan of domestic LGC's. Too spicy for me. The LGC Taino I had was smooth and creamy. Almost mild to medium body.

TonyDogs said:
I really like the LGC R series.
I think its a great smoke. I would consider it a stronger cigar.
Good flavor that is not chalky. Great construction great burn and it seem that a lot of vendore are always dealing on them.
To be honest I think its a great all around cigar. They will always have a place in my humidor.
Actually I juts smoked my last one :(

Tonydogs ;)
[snapback]217938[/snapback]​

Hey Tony, this forum is called "Island of Cuba" where people are talking about CUBAN La Gloria Cubanas NOT domestic La Gloria Cubanas. Please pay attention to the threads and forums here before you post, okay?