• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Reserva Figurado - Blow Out SALE!

By no means am I speaking for everyone here, but I don't think many of the BOTL's that frequent this forum will place a purchase from you until you address this:

OK, so here's the way I see it, and maybe I'm alone in this thinking, who knows.

Some folks choose to do business with online shops that have the best prices. Others choose some of the online shops based on the quality customer service, or that the owners (or at least site admin) spend time here posting elsewhere besides what they have to sell.

You don't fall into either category. If you had taken the time to actually read the reply I wrote to your sales post last week, you might have wanted to respond, perhaps give some excuses, or at least stick up for yourself.

Your customer service, attention to detail, and follow through with my order was horrible. You failed in every way possible to get my order right, and when I spoke to you about it on the phone, made no effort to rectify or explain how you could have failed so badly.

Some folks here will just think I can't drop a grudge, or I'm just a salty old bastard, but hopefully others will decided it's best not to do business with a bunch of clowns like you.

Check out the posts and our responses to folks like Ian at Billboardtobacco.com, or Mr. Jerry with his coffee. Those guys are great, have spent loads of time becoming part of this community, and offer great deals as well. Or check out the deals and offers that Damian has (although we in the US can't take advantage of them). All three of these folks are making a great effort to earn our business.

I know I myself almost ordered but this had been brought to my attention. I understand orders get messed up and confused but what concerns me is the lack of a reply to repeated attempts by people here to have you address this problem

In short someone here who is respected by the community has called you out and you fail to make an attempt in explaining yourself.

edit: spelling

I know I had posted my experience with CheaperCigars before and I would like to re-iterate my opinion about the place: In a few words of expression: it is NOT GOOD. The worst experience that I had with them was receiving a full box of El Rico Habano with the plastic wrapper already removed for some reason and then the box is being put in a ziploc bag for transportation protection. I was not happy about the idead of a non-pristine cigar box but I thought that is O.K by me. The bad part comes when I open the box and take the cigar out for visual inspection: 3 of the cigars at the bottom part of the box had beetle holes in it. I freeze the box immediately and try to contact Mel Shah by phone and by email several times for some customer discussion about the bug part, leaving message by phone and mail numerous time and never got a call back or an email reply. I swallow my lost and go on with my life. As a matter of fact, I still have that El Rico Corona Suprema box all wrapped up in plastic bag and then put in a ziplog bag for protection of beetle spreading. Every time I looked at that box, I think of the short nature and folly of human nature. I smoked one of the cigar out of that box and it was fair, nothing special. I have not made a single purchase order more with Mel Shah since that incident, and that was like 2 years ago, at least. I am sorry to say that if you are a man and if you open and/or operate a business, a man's words and honor is all he has left in this world to distinguish himself from others. For me, I will try to do anything within my mean and capability to keep my honor if it ever comes to a doubt.

To each his own !!!

Cheaper Cigars put out the offer for the La Glorias last week and being that I wasn't aware of any issues with this vendor, I placed an order.

I received notice a couple of days later that they do not ship to California. Cheaper Cigars is in California so I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the no ship policy. I would assume it is something to do with taxes required for products shipped within the state. I don't know why Mel Shah couldn't offer to ship within the state and add the required taxes.

Anyway, don't put out an offer to sell and then add in the restrictions later.

I sent an email to CheaperCigars with a link to this thread and a very brief explanation of the concerns. Hopefully they'll respond.

I sent an email to CheaperCigars with a link to this thread and a very brief explanation of the concerns. Hopefully they'll respond.

That was a good idea!!

They should be given a heads up that there are some lurking issues.

Dear Members

We do appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve the areas addressed. Our store is under new management, and it is a priority for us to provide the best customer service possible, regardless of the resources this may involve.

3 issues are posted over here, and I'd like to address them individually:

1. Tugboat addressed a post made by Gonz over 2 years ago. However, the problem is not mentioned at all in this post, and after a search in our database, we couldn't find an order linked to it. In case we can do something to fix this problem that happened back then, we'll be completely up for it.

2. Mr. Nguyen from Sugarland, TX, has placed orders with our company over the last 2 years, being the last one placed on July 31, 2007 (IP adresses and date/time on file). However, none of these orders shows we ship ElRicoHabano to him before, so it may happened that he got those cigars from another vendor and a confusion happened with them after they arrived. If Mr. Nguyen could please contact us, we'll be more than glad to help him with this issue.

3. Flatsix order was not processed not because any particular restrictions but the simple fact that every online shop has to charge taxes if they ship inside their own State, or they just do not ship to their states. Unfortunately, in California the tobacco tax runs for almost 47%, and to the total we'll have to add another 7.75% sales tax: this means that a cigar that we sell nationwide for $10 will cost for a California customer $16. At that price level, none of our California customers would want us to ship to them, so our system automatically doesn't process orders from CA.

We will continue to do our best to help each and every one of our customers, and they are always free to go online to our LiveChat person or to call to our toll free line for assistance if any issues arise.

Thanks guys
Steve
www.cheapercigars.com

Well, a quick search finds that as of as little as 3 months ago, it was still unresolved:

I seem to recall something bad about these guys...

Oh yeah, I've hounded and stalked them here, pm'd them about 25 times, and posted all over their threads about the lousy customer service and shitty cigars they send out. And they have never responded once!

I think everyone should start pm'ing these guys to ask what the deal is. Maybe if we flood their inbox with questions/concerns they'll get the point and stop posting here. Or of course we could just ban them, since all they really are doing is spamming the site. If they ever actually read any of their threads or pm's they would have responded. They have not once posted anything but a sale of cigars.

Dear Members

We do appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve the areas addressed. Our store is under new management, and it is a priority for us to provide the best customer service possible, regardless of the resources this may involve.

1. ...

2. Mr. Nguyen from Sugarland, TX, has placed orders with our company over the last 2 years, being the last one placed on July 31, 2007 (IP adresses and date/time on file). However, none of these orders shows we ship ElRicoHabano to him before, so it may happened that he got those cigars from another vendor and a confusion happened with them after they arrived. If Mr. Nguyen could please contact us, we'll be more than glad to help him with this issue.

3. ...

We will continue to do our best to help each and every one of our customers, and they are always free to go online to our LiveChat person or to call to our toll free line for assistance if any issues arise.

Thanks guys
Steve
www.cheapercigars.com

Here is my order history. I kept all of my orders on a wordpad of the date, amount, and the brand of cigars that I purchased since 2003's.

#####
$$$ www.CheaperCigars.com Wednesday 12/01/2004

Flor De Oliva 10th Anniversary SUMATRA wrapper - CHURCHILL (7 " X 50) Box of 24 - $39.95 (Library Baggie)
Flor De Oliva 10th Anniversary SUMATRA wrapper - TORPEDO (6 1/2 " X 52) Box of 24 - $39.95 (Library Baggie)
Flor De Oliva 10th Anniversary SUMATRA wrapper - TORO (6 " X 50) Box of 24 - $38.95 (Library Baggie)
Partagas CAMEROON #10 (7 1/2 " X 49) Box of 10 - $43.75 (Library Baggie)
(ERH) El Rico Habano - CORONA SUPREMA Natural (6 " X 50) Box of 25 - $71.95 (Library Baggie)

TOTAL COUNT OF CIGARS: 5 Boxes
MERCHANDISE COST: $234.55
SHIPPING COST: $5.95
FINAL COST: $240.50
Paid Order On-line with 'Chase Platinum' Visa card

Storage: DONE !
###

Dear Members

1. Tugboat addressed a post made by Gonz over 2 years ago. However, the problem is not mentioned at all in this post, and after a search in our database, we couldn't find an order linked to it. In case we can do something to fix this problem that happened back then, we'll be completely up for it.

3. Flatsix order was not processed not because any particular restrictions but the simple fact that every online shop has to charge taxes if they ship inside their own State, or they just do not ship to their states. Unfortunately, in California the tobacco tax runs for almost 47%, and to the total we'll have to add another 7.75% sales tax: this means that a cigar that we sell nationwide for $10 will cost for a California customer $16. At that price level, none of our California customers would want us to ship to them, so our system automatically doesn't process orders from CA.

Thanks guys
Steve
www.cheapercigars.com

Hello Steve ! Where are you ???

Dear Members

Thanks guys
Steve
www.cheapercigars.com

Hello Steve ! Where are you ???

Andrew, the longer this goes without a response, the louder it's getting.