• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La LIbertad

Desert Rat

I bought a fiver of these (La Libertad), from Wurm and he asked me to do a review.

These are European Market cigars, made in the Honduras. I think I had as much fun reading the massacred web page translations on Google while researching the cigar as I did smoking it. Near as I can figure out, they sell for $26,000 a stick (which means I got a heck of a deal) or I goofed on the currency converter.

European Cigar Cult Journal rated them the best Honduran cigar for 2006, and I can’t argue with that, especially since I don’t smoke a ton of Honduran cigars.

The cigar descriptions on different web sites list Honduran as the filler, various things as the binder and a Cuban seed wrapper (translated as a “first page”).

Here’s a professional review:
100% Honduras, D: EUR 5,-, A: EUR 7,50, CH: CHF 8,40.
A very well-rolled cigar of the Churchill size; aromas of cedary chocolate and cocoa in the smooth, very good draw; smooth, cedary qualities with fruity underlaid touches of chocolate; smooth and rich in a harmoniously structured aromatic taste; featuring a pleasant strength without being too strong; an also very elegant cigar with expression and character. I can go along with most of that.

My cigar was a Torpedo, and I liked everything about the cigar. The understated band, beautiful appearance, perfect burn, and great taste. The cigar tastes of high quality tobacco and doesn’t have any bitterness I associate with Honduran tobacco. It’s a mild-med cigar, velvety smooth, and a great change of pace from my usual cigar diet.

Thanks Shawn for the opportunity to try these out.

DR

Is this a new brand? Where does is it fall i.e. low end, premium, super premium?

I also picked up a fiver of these from Shawn. Once I'm sure my head cold is gone and my taste and smell senses have returned I'll let you know what I think.