• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Labeling Cigars

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Quick question. Let's say you buy a couple of singles from your local shop or get a 5er from Cbid. Once you put them in your Humi, do you label them w/ dates? Just didn't know if people dated them so they know how long they've been in their humi. Just a newbie question. Thanks. :D

Brandon

i don't! i never have singles around long enough to worry about it!! :D

Just recently I have started to label my higher end sticks. I do not bother doing my everyday smokes they are just not around long enough to get any aging.

Thanks MMM. I could have sworn I searched for labeling, but I could have used the wrong verbage. Thanks again.

Brandon

I label all of my boxes and most of my singles. I like to know what I'm smoking :D

I try to... but usually only with stuff that comes in the mail ;)
The stuff I can go buy in a local shop- I don't worry about so much.

Personally I use a page layout program (pagemaker), and print some simple daughter bands with brand, series, box code (if available) or date purchased.

I print them on a page, cut them using a straight edge cutter, and attach them to the cigars with a little glue stick. works great. No reason you couldn't use Microsoft Word from Office, or WordPad or even Notepad in windows. (what is it called in Mac OS? Teach text? Simple text? something like that)

IMG_cigar_0_1123190157703.jpg

Thanks. Oh, and nice job by the way :thumbs: On your cigs and labels :D

I've got a notebook with my whole inventory of stogies listed in it with dates of purchase and after i smoke one i'll go into my logbook and rate the stogie i just smoked.

I don't label singles unless they happen to be special cigars. I also try to label all cigars that I receive as gifts. If I don't label them as gifts, they go into a seperate container.

Emo