• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lamar Odom + Mavericks = ?

smokintexas

What have I gotton myself into?!
With Orlando opting to keep Gortat the Mavericks are still searching for some more talent and depth with big men. IMHO Odom is really the only big name big man free agent left so I started to consider what the Mavericks would be like with Odom.

The Pro's:

He can shoot occasionally
Doesn't take shit from anybody
Eats candy before games :laugh:
He is big, strong, and physical (something the Mavericks desperately need)

The Con's:

Last I heard he wants around 10 mil a year
Could possibly want to take touches away from Dirk
Is technically a PF that we could possibly move to C

So would a starting lineup of Kidd, Howard, Marion, Dirk, and Odom work, or do we need to put more stock in young prospects to fill our gap at the center position?

The issue with Odom is and always has been that he's a 6 man. He comes up short as a starter, but over performs for the bench. Every game he's on point the Lakers won, anytime he's off it's a crapshoot if someone else will step up. The Mavs need him to play PF or C (Dirk can do the same) and he needs to bring the A-game every time. Something I personally don't believe he is capable of. He is actually one of my favorite in the league to watch, there's something about big men hitting 3's that impresses me, yet he is a consistent let down. On the positive end, if he does make it work, he and Dirk can end up being one of the stronger big men combos in the league and will force the double team every time they go for a post up play.

Just my 2 cents.

Suposedly Artest and Odom are pretty good friends and go pretty far back.

Hopefully this will make Odom stick around the Lakers for a few more seasons at least.

The Lakers know that they need him, and considering they just lost Ariza, I think their gunna do quite a bit to keep Odom around

Suposedly Artest and Odom are pretty good friends and go pretty far back.

Hopefully this will make Odom stick around the Lakers for a few more seasons at least.

The Lakers know that they need him, and considering they just lost Ariza, I think their gunna do quite a bit to keep Odom around

According to ESPN, the Lakers have pulled the offer to Odom. LINKY to story.

Son of a $#%@^!!!

Haha well that goes to tell you what my two cents mean.

There goes the Lakers chance of a repeat...both of their major playoff contributors gone...

Wow if that's true I would love to have Odom in Dallas. The Mavs have been looking for someone to replace Dampier when his contract expires next year and Odom would be a great replacement. We'd finally have a big man that can drive to the basket instead of the usual pull up jump shooting that fails in the playoffs every year. Dirk & Odom would be a crazy duo.

Wow if that's true I would love to have Odom in Dallas. The Mavs have been looking for someone to replace Dampier when his contract expires next year and Odom would be a great replacement. We'd finally have a big man that can drive to the basket instead of the usual pull up jump shooting that fails in the playoffs every year. Dirk & Odom would be a crazy duo.

My thoughts exactly!

Odom will never go to Dallas, no offense. He will either stay with the Lakers or go back to Miami. My thoughts are he will stay with the Lakers though.

Lakers won't pay him the 10-12 million a year that he wants. He'll end up going back to Miami.

Lakers won't pay him the 10-12 million a year that he wants. He'll end up going back to Miami.

I don't know,,,,It seems as though he is really hoping that the Lakers come back with some type of offer that will suit his needs. I think if he really wanted to go to the Heat he would have been trying to deal with them after the owner pulled his original offer. Being first and foremost a Spurs fan and having some hope for the Mavs, I really hope he goes to the Heat. This would probably open the door for other Western conference teams to have a shot at competing with the Lakers. With him as their sixth man, I would not say they are unstoppable, they are a good team.

The Lakers are unstopable with OR without Odom because of KOBE and his UNSTOPABLENESS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IINIlhtkzcw

cool.gif