• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lanceros - my favorite size

mu mike

It's not a lie if you believe it.
Man it's good to be talking and reading about cigars again. I love the feel, taste and smell of a quality cigar.

Anyway, as I'm catching up on everything I've missed I ran across a thread at another board that was right up my alley. It's about noncuban lanceros. There were quite a few I hadn't heard of yet that were highly regarded.

So I'll steal the idea from that thread: Rank the noncuban lanceros you've smoked and what you thought of them. I remember thinking very highly of the Tatuaje Especiale and the LFD Lancero. I am looking forward to trying some that were listed on that thread (Oliva Serie V, Padilla 1932, Padilla Miami, Padilla 1948, Don Pepin Blue Label, Graycliff Elegante, LFD Cameroon Lancero).

I can't wait to fill up my little desktop with lanceros. I'll start with some Fundadores and then use this thread as a guide for the rest. LOL

I think I still have a couple of the especialles you sold me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Pepin Blue lancero is awesome. I look forward to trying a Pepin Cuban Classic lancero that will be in the DPG Lancero boxes set!

The Tatuaje Especial is another favorite.

The JdN Antano Lancero is probably the best for the buck that I've smoked. I think a box is under $90.

The Padillas are allright... Well, the Signature is really tasty, butidk if it is worth the $.

Oops, forgot my recommendations. :blush:

The Oliva V are nice, as are the LFD in all 3 wrappers. The Padilla 8/11 and 1932 are fantastic, haven't tried the 1948 yet. Can't wait for the Pepin sampler to try the JJ maduro and Centuria. Of course, there's the Opus and Don Carlos ones too...

LFD DL Cameroon are the best lanceros I've had. Get some if you can find somebody willing to part with a few. :)

I love the lancero sizes. :thumbs: :thumbs:

So far my favorite is still the LFD Lancero. I thought the JdN Antano was a little weak, just didn't do it for me. Don Peppins Blue Label lancero was a kick in the shorts; it was a hell of a lot stronger than I was expecting, and really good. Tatuaje's was alright, but I didn't find that I liked it as much as I thought I would have. I wasn't a fan of the Don Carlos Lanceros, but a lot of people love them. But then again, I haven't really liked any of the Don Carlos cigars. The Opus X lancero was pretty damn tasty! I've read a lot of good things about the Greycliff, but haven't tried one yet. I had one once before I was into lanceros, and traded it off ... now I am kicking myself. LOL.

Good luck in your search! ... I'd just try two or three of each and figure out for yourself which ones you really like. :thumbs:

Lancero's are one of my favorite sizes, but one you might want to avoid is the Casa Torano maduro lancero. I did not like it, it was grassy and bitter. But some good ones to try are the LFD oscuro lancero, and the DPG black petit lancero.

Happy smoking :)

I gotta go with the elLaguito Lancero Rosado yes yes, I make it :whistling:
but its a terrific 7.5x41 lancero with a ton of flavor, lots of complexity for a skinny stick, and a very cool burn.

I see a lot of fancy, expensive cigars mentioned here. I would like to mention the Sancho Panza Double Maduro Lancero. For around $3 a stick it smokes up just fine. Oh and it has got to be the fatest lancero I have ever smoked. These smoke like expensive cigars and taste fantastic for a 1/3 of the price.