• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Land of Lincoln Herf III

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
Land of Lincoln Herf III Travel Raffle

Here’s the deal: We will be selling 50 raffle tickets
for $20 each to help raise money for our charity herf
on October 11th, which will benefit the local Boys and Girls Club
and Make-A-Wish Foundation.
This raffle is a pre-cursor to all the other events that
will be happening on herf day as well as the pre-herf
party on the 10th. Some of things we will have on
those dates will be a live auction, “dowrah” auction,
raffle and the infamous 50/50 where you put in $1 and
a cigar. Winner gets the cigars and the charities get
the cash. Anyway onto this particular raffle, the
winner will receive reimbursement for travel expenses
up to $500, simple as that, well, sort of. We will
book the winner a room at a local hotel that is near
where the herf is being held. It will probably be the
Ramada Renaissance or the Hilton. The booking will be
for two nights, October 10th and 11th. The winner will
be responsible for all charges over and above the room
rate and taxes, i.e. phone calls, mini-bar, etc. The
winner will be responsible for purchasing his/her own
airline, bus or train tickets through their own travel
agent or mine has offered to help arrange schedules if
the winner doesn’t have a regular agent they use. When
the winner arrives at the event, we will reimburse
them for the cost of the airfare and give them the
amount needed for the hotel room for two nights. This
amount will be up to $500. Room rates should be less
than $100 a night, so that would leave approximately
$300 towards the airline, train or bus costs. If the
winner’s flight only costs $200 then that amount plus
the hotel costs will be the amount reimbursed and the
remainder will be added to the charity funds. In order
for this to be worth the $20, I would assume that
anyone living within driving distance would not want
to participate in the raffle but, if you are one of
these people and would still like to buy a ticket and
be reimbursed for your gas money and the hotel stay
you are more than welcome to do so but you will only
be reimbursed for those two items and not the entire
$500, unless of course gas takes a BIG jump in prices
around the second weekend of October. You may also
decide to purchase a ticket to have one of your
farther away herfing buddies to fly in that is up to
you. We will be limiting the tickets to three per
person so as to give more people a chance to win. An
independent party will draw the winner shortly after
the money for the last ticket sold is received. The
cut-off date for purchasing tickets will be August 2nd
and all monies should be received by August 8th in order
to provide the winner with plenty of time to prepare
for their trip. We will be responsible ONLY for
reimbursing the winner’s costs up to $500,in person
and cannot be held responsible for any events that may
result in the planning of or during the actual travel.
In the event the winner cannot travel after the
arrangements are made and they have non-refundable
plane tickets, we will reimburse the winner for ½ the
cost of the plane tickets, receipt must be provided,
and the remainder of the money raised through the
raffle will be donated to the charities. In the event we
do not sell all 50 tickets, the monies will be adjusted
to a 50/50 split for the amount sold. Please e-mail
me at mrousey@uslnet.com to purchase ticket(s).

Have sold 10 tickets. Need to sell a lot more!! So, to sweeten the pot a bit we will be adding some other prizes for second and third place. Second prize will be a humidor donated by mhotek. When we get ten more sold we'll add a third prize, 20 more a fourth prize, 30 more and a fifth prize. :)

If any of you guys have thought about going to a herf, this is the one you should go to. It's the most fun you could have in a weekend smoking cigars, not to mention the comic relief which is provided free of charge. :D

If you think you can't afford it, then this is your ticket. I mean think about it, at worst you have a 1:50 chance at winning. Not bad odds. And its for charity, so at least you get to write off the tickets. :thumbs:

I will also add that we will be adding some other prizes to this raffle as we sell more tickets. We have a humidor to give away for second prize and some Havana cigar samplers also.

Joe is correct as far as the fun we have at LOL Herf. I go to a lot of herfs throughout the year and by far this one, while it is dearer to my heart :), is by far the most fun. The group of folks that come is an exceptional collection of gentleman and ladies.

I will give you an amen on that. Top notch herf gentleman. We had several CigarPass members show for last years event and I sure hope to see a few more of you this year. If nothing else, you have to come to Springfield to enjoy a drink at "The Prick on the Prairie". :0 :thumbs:

Too many stories to tell (and not tell) after getting home from this one last year. :D

TOP :)

Gentleman, (and I use that term loosely :p )

I don't know how many of you have bought a raffle ticket or two for this raffle but if you haven't I suggest you reread Matts original post. You can't even go to the movies for $20. Remember there are only 50 (or less) tickets being sold. This is one of the great herfs of the year and a chance to get to meet a lot of people you see around the cigar boards all for a mere $20. This is the chance of a lifetime.

The best part about this is that its for the local Boys and Girls Club
and Make-A-Wish Foundation. Guess who the real winner is here? :thumbs:

I'll sweeten the pot just for our CP brothers: "CP on the side Raffle Contest!"

I will have a seperate drawing from the list of CP raffle participants for the following cigars:

AF Between the Lines
Anejo 777 (Shark)
Bolivar Corona Gigantes (97)
Sancho Panza Beli (97)
St Luis Rey Double Corona (01)

That will be the minimum.... I might add more cigars or another winner if we have enough participants. I will ask Matt for the names of raffle purchasers and how many raffle tickets each person bought after he closes his raffle. You will have one entry into my drawing for each raffle ticket bought. I will have my lovely wife draw the name(s). As in real life, her decision is final. :D

What are you waiting for? Contact Matt now and get your raffle tickets! :thumbs:

Count me in... :)

Kenny, truly a very generous gesture! :thumbs:

OOOH! Count me in on a chance as well :)
I am sorry to report though that I won't be able to attend, as this is the season (October) for our district contest (5-state). The weekend of the herf we have a weekend loooong practice/rehearsal.
This year's contest package:
*Tie me to your apron strings again
*Basin Street Blues

We did BSB 3 or 4 years ago and to everyone's joy, we're resurrecting (sp?) it. An incredible arrangement. :thumbs:

Mark, you brought up something I think should be addressed. Some of you may be thinking that you can't go to this event for one reason or another. Maybe you can't get off work or the ball and chain won't let you go :0 ......LOL! I stand to be corrected by Matt, but I believe if you win you can gift this to someone else..... correct me if I'm wrong Matt.

Another angle to look at this is...... for crying out loud, its $20! :p :D ROFLMAO!

BTW - Again, I'll need Matt to verify this but I believe one of the hotels mentioned in the original post is wrong. The Ramada Renaissance should actually be the Marriott Renaissance. :)

Well, count me in on the raffle. :thumbs:
If i do win, I just might have to attend even it's only a few weeks after our wedding. :D
I'll PM Matt to get the info as to where to send the $20.

Geez if it's not too late I would like to chip in as well :D Matt PM sent ;)

BenjieV :D

Bruddah Matt,

I would love to attend this herf but I won't be able to make it... :( However, my $20 can... LOL! Shoot me an addy for the M.O. and I'll go out soon!

Aloha,

Wade

Thanks to all you guys for helping out!! I've been so frickin' busy that this is the first time I've seen this. Thanks to Kenny for his generosity in hosting a "second" contest. As for the hotel, Kenny is right, the Marriott company bought the Renaissance a couple of years back. As of now we have sold 34 tickets of which 12 were bought by active Cigar Pass members. I hope you can all make it but if not we understand and thank you for your help. So far I have been told that these fine Cigar Pass members will in all likelyhood be making the trek to LOL III.

Allofus123
The Beast
Devin Cole
SKYDVNKD

To the Top!

Time is running out gentleman. I believe the cutoff date is August 2nd to let Matt know you want a ticket and August 8th to get your money in. If you have committed to a ticket please get the money in the mail. If you haven't committed to a ticket.......What the h*** you waiting for? :D

One third of the current purchased tickets are owned by CPers. :thumbs: I like those odds. Also, don't forget that I will be drawing a winner for a very nice package of cigars from only the CPers who purchase a ticket.

I do want to thank everyone that has already bought a ticket. Regardless of the outcome, the charities are the winners which is how it should be. Thanks for opening up your hearts and purse strings! :thumbs:

I believe this is the last day to let Matt know if you'd like in on a raffle ticket. You lottery players should really reread the potential payoff here. I can't believe everyone hasn't gotten in on this. :( For those of you that don't know about the Make a Wish Foundation....... Click Here!

OK, I'm going to use some strong arm tactics here. If I get at least three more people to purchase a raffle ticket today I will be adding a second package to the drawing for just the CP participants. This package will be:

Hemmingway Masterpiece Maduro
Hemmingway Classic Maduro
Hemmingway Signature Maduro
Hemmingway Work of Art Maduro
All of these are several years old. :thumbs:

Please post your intentions to purchase a ticket here and contact Matt for instructions. I will check with Matt at the time of the drawing to see if the committed sent in their money.

With all this harping I've been doing to get these tickets sold I want to make it clear that while I do have some tickets in this raffle also, I am not gaining anything by getting more people to sign up. In fact, I'm deluting my odds of winning. I just wanted to get that out just in case the akward senerio that I would win the raffle arises. My goal here is to get all 50 raffle tickets sold so that the charities get the full benefit of this. Please purchase a ticket for the kids. :)