• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Laphroaig 10yr Cast strength

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Holy Mother of Pearl. This isn't for the faint of heart. The back of the bottle states one should add twice as much water as whisky, because it's apt to overwhelm the pallet. They're not kidding. Course Doc has a fleet wide reputation to uphold, so I didn't heed their warning. I'll be adding more water in the future. Not that much, but more than usual. Economical stuff.

Doc.

Got a bottle on the shelf myself, just haven't gotten around to a review yet. I'll be looking for yours in the mean time.

I have one as well, but have yet to open it. I guess I'm waiting for the right time (it's just too damn hot for an Islay of late). By all accounts this dram is superlative; your thoughts will be much appreciated DD and AVB!

I purchased a bottle of this yesterday and tested it out last night... WOW! What an incredible peaty flavor I enjoyed it straight on the rocks. I'm going to have to have a couple of these around.

i guess this is my next bottle, my regular 10yr is only taking a couple drops of water now.

ice, what the hell kind of pussy was i?

Don't do that Doc. Let it sit a little bit in the glass and swirl the glass before you take a sip. The air changes the dram. If you have to hit it with water only a couple of very cold drops(just to break the surface tension). I love the Laphroaig 10yr Cask, Very peaty, lots of apple and dry sweet fruits!

I like the regular 10 yr old. I'm not sure I need cask strength to better the experience. I need 1 medium sized ice cube to open and dilute it for taste. Second glass about a tablespoon of cold water. I rarely go past 2. ;) But I have! :cool:

Believe on the cask strength i'd want ice AROUND me rather'n in the drink. I always said Laphroaig Cask Strength was the ideal ice-fishing booze.

I'm not an islay guy, but i had to admire the art of that particular spirit. Not to my usual taste, i'll never buy MYSELF another bottle, but it'd be first choice on an ice fishing expedition with a crowd of peat-heads.

Lagavulin 16 has more TASTE, but less fire.. it's darn near a toss up which'd be more pleasing to a guy that preferred Islay's... get BOTH!

Well I liked this so much that I purchased another bottle, great value. About 2 wks ago I nearly drank this entire bottle in one sitting. WHOA! I forgot who I was until about 9am the next morning. That is definitely some strong shite but very good until BAM! I was hit by the proof truck, LMAO!