• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lars vs. Acid Cigars

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any connection between Lars and Acid Cigars? I haven't tried either on...

I have not tried the Acid either and am just getting up the nerve to smoke the Lars :D
But the other guys here who love the Lars have said there is no comparison.

Rod, I think you probably can already assume my opinion. Same junk, just that the Acid's are closer in price to what junk should be sold at..in other words, Acids are cheaper. :) Now, to be on the honest side, I have not had any of the Acid Natural line, so can't comment on those particular cigars. Still, much better cigars out there for cheaper prices. I can buy three boxes of great Havanas for the price of one box of Acids.

Hey Matt,

I figured as much. By the reviews I've been seeing posted around, I thought they might be made by the same Mfgr, or in someway releated. :D

I saw them in the Cigars International catalog, and they definately are rather pricey.

Rod

I think Jonathan Sands aka Jonathan Drew used to be a distributor for Lars Tetens and Drew stole about 2,500,000 from Lars and started another company up to compete with him with his money.

I met Jonathan and Marvin of acid in NY at Barkley Rex and they were talking to the manager Tony about it and it was all a big joke how they ripped him off. Well maybe Lars isn't that good of a business man, lol.

They gave some cigars and in front of them Tony said they were crap and these guy couldn't make a Lars cigar, but I smoked em anyway.

He was right ???

Another thread got my blood pumping so excuse me if my comments are a little harsh here. Henry, that sucks if it's true, but I don't give a sh*t who stole what from who and who's doin' the babysitter. All I know is that I was not pleased when someone passed an Acid off to me as a good Lars replacement once when I was desperate for one. They're crap. Try one if you're jonesing for a sore throat and nostrils, IMHO.

i have heard all sorts of stuff about that, but i can tell you this for sure; lars are a cut above the rest. matt, i would like to say, that in an effort to maintain the peace here, that maybe you should consider that taste is subjective, and one probably should respect another's opinion, while avoiding harsh comments and degrading posts, as to avoid turbulence. in other words, relax, pal. we know you don't like em. who's beating the dead horse now?

wileguile relax that’s what these boards are about ignore the mor........I mean nice guy..... :D

wile -

I don't think Matt said anything out of line. I simply asked for a review of lars vs. acid. Wasn't sure if they were related or not, and Matt answered my question respectively. It's clear you like lars, and that's great. People should smoke what they enjoy smoking. But let's not get too heated about Matt not liking Lars or Acid cigars. Everyone has different tastes and are entitled to their own opinion. If we all liked the same thing, this would be a very boring world.

"ignore the mor........"
Let's not go there...

Attacks on cigars are always welcomed, but let's try and keep it a friendly community amongst the members. :)

Thanks,

Rod

I'm trying to figure out what I was about to be called...mor...???? LMAO

At any rate, apologies to anyone I offended, but no matter what I say here, I still don't like Lars or Acid cigars. :)

This is not the Lars Tetens message board, it is Cigar Pass and we talk about all types of things here. Talk about Lars cigars included. But, I think Rod would agree, the last couple of weeks it seems like all the talk has been about Lars cigars and I wouldn't want this site to turn into Lars II. :) That's my opinion and I am entitled to it. :)

note to self MattR does not like Lars and wileguile does. Do not get mixed up. ;)

It's like that song goes

"We gotta keep em seperatated"

all right. i apologize also, matt. understood rod. once in a while i get all worked up when i feel pressured, provoked, or cornered, not saying that anyone was applying pressure, prodding me, or cornering me, and i get a little hostile, and i slip a few harsh words in here and there. i can see this, and i'm sorry. i'll behave now. ;) anyway...

Acid: Tastes like Pop Rocks in your mouth

Lars: Never had

I don't really like the way that Acid cigars taste even though I did at one point. Anyone have a Lars to gift me? MOOCH!