• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Las Vegas HERF Participants

gawntrail

I started this thread to solidify the Golf part of the Las Vegas HERF.

Here is a quick spread sheet of the Courses and Green Fees.

COURSE NAME GREEN FEES RATED

ALIANTE $65.00 NR
ANGEL PARK - MTN $85.00 3 STARS
ANGEL PARK - PALM $85.00 3 STARS
BADLANDS $90.00 3.5 STARS
BALI HAI $295.00 4 STARS
BEAR'S BEST NO PRICING YET 4.5 STARS
BLACK MOUNTAIN NO PRICING YET 2.75 STARS
BOULDER CREEK $85.00 NR
DESERT PINES $175.00 3 STARS
DRAGON RIDGE $169.00 4.5 STARS
EAGLE CREST NO PRICING YET 2 STARS
HIGHLAND FALLS NO PRICING YET 2.5 STARS
VEGAS GOLF CLUB $59.00 2.5 STARS
VEGAS NATIONAL $99.00 3 STARS
LEGACY $85.00 3.5 STARS
PAINTED DESERT $79.00 3 STARS
PAUITE RESORT (2)* NO PRICING YET 4 STARS
PAUITE WOLF NO PRICING YET 4 STARS
PALM VALLEY NO PRICING YET 2.5 STARS
PRIMM VALLEY (2)* $89.00 4 STARS
RED ROCK NO PRICING YET 3.5 STARS
REVERE - CONCORD NO PRICING YET 3 STARS
REVERE - LEXINGTON NO PRICING YET 4 STARS
RHODES RANCH NO PRICING YET 3 STARS
RIO SECO $249.00 4.5 STARS
ROYAL LINKS $250.00 4 STARS
SIENA NO PRICING YET 3.5 STARS
SILVERSTONE NO PRICING YET 3.5 STARS
STALLION - CITATION $145.00 3 STARS
STALLIAN - MAN O WAR $175.00 3 STARS
STALLION - SECRETARIAT $195.00 3 STARS
TPC @ THE CANYONS $99.00 4.5 STARS
TUSCANY NO PRICING YET 2.5 STARS
WILD HORSE NO PRICING YET 2 STARS

*two courses

I'll update (edit) the spread sheet as pricing comes available.

I think we should solidify some stuff by April 15th. Post in this thread so we can knock around ideas. Once you are 100% sure then PM me so I can create and update a list of Golfers so I can call and reserve a block of tee times.

I normally shoot in the 90s. I've played some top notch courses and some pastures. I think all of the courses in Las Vegas would at least be equivalent to an upper level muni track.

I like the idea of TPC, but I'm open to what ever.

Self-Appointed HERF Golf Classic Organizer,

M. Gipson :)

OK,

Here's the Golf list

1) gawntrail - $100 range
2) JoeInvest - $100-150 range
3) vewphishy - $100 range
4) benjiev - $100 range
5) AJ - $100 range

**coventrycat86 RSVPs for the post-round refreshments - maybe we could get him to caddy :p

I'll update it as others confirm.

I'm looking forward to swinging the sticks in 100+ weather :)

We ought to keep the greenies low so there is plenty of $$ for refreshment :D

M. Gipson :D

PRIMM VALLEY (2)* $89.00 4 STARS :thumbs:
TPC @ THE CANYONS $99.00 4.5 STARS :thumbs:
BADLANDS $90.00 3.5 STARS :thumbs:

I'm in if I can get my clubs out there. Lets say $100. There's already going to be plenty of $ flowing for the rest of the trip. :)

phishy (and others who might have the same problem),

Travel golf bags are a necessity if you play golf and travel at least 3 times a year.

Here's a link to where I got mine

http://www.travelgolfbags.com/

And, because their selection is so vast.........if you're not sure what to look for in a travel bag, here's some help

http://www.travelgolfbags.com/prodhelp.htm

Anyone else need anything to help with the Golf part of the HERF, your humble servant awaits.

Self-Appointed Golf Organizer,

Unfortunately I won't be attending, I wish I were. I did however go to Vegas last year and played at Wildhorse and Badlands. Wildhorse was nice but nothing to memorable.

Badlands was an EXPERIENCE. Whenever I go again I will definitely be playing Badlands. Part of the allure for me was that being in Miami we don't get too many courses like that. Not too many deserts down here. A couple of nice drop offs. Who needs water hazards when you can have a cliff. Definitely loved the "Watch for the Rattlesnake" signs. If by any chance you all end up going here, I could use another hat from them. Let me know.

Have fun guys.

hey hey hey i am in! Badlands sounds good to me TPC as well I have played Stallion Mountain. FORE....................

Let's play!

Well, I will SKIP any golf game.

I'm far too uncoordinated to play golf and I have no patience so there's no sense in ruining a day getting frustrated.

I'll have to pass on this activity so I'll meet you all at the 19th hole with a few cigars.

Didn't Mark Twain call golf a "walk spoiled?" :D :sign:

HERF Golf Classic Update!

I am topping this thread for one last solicitation for golfers. 4 of us are RSVP'd for the stick session. I wanted to give everyone ample opportunity to post their RSVP.

**IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN LAS VEGAS FOR THE CP HERF ON JUNE 5, 2004, AND YOU WULD LIKE TO ENJOY A SEMI-GENTLEMANLY ROUND OF GOLF........PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD SO I CAN UPDATE THE LIST AND RESERVE THE TEE TIME(S)**

Becasuse of the quick fill up rate of the early tee times, I am going to try and reserve the 6:00 am tee time at the Badlands without payment. I need a PM from the 3 others (or more) with a gentleman's handshake that your 100% sure you are playing. I will front the fees on my CC and once payed, will send you verificaion it is done so you can reimburse me. If all is OK with this arrangement let me know.

Again, PM me and/or post on this thread so we can solidify the stick time at the Badlands.

Thanks,

My take on Badlands is bring plenty of golf balls. Nothing like target golf in the desert. A great and challenging course, make sure you take your #2 Snakekiller with you, should you venture into the desert. They do rent clubs if you can't get yours there.

I'm in for about $100 and can make a 6am tee.

Since I'm a bit of a newbie, I'd be fine sending money in advance.

Let me know.

AJ