• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Last weeks visit with StinkiMonki

mrtapes

I was in California for the past two weeks and just returned home on Saturday. I was working in Palm Desert and visited a few B&M's in Palm Desert and Palm Springs during my time in Cali.

Before I arrived in California I'd PM'd CP member StinkiMonki to see if he'd be up for a get together.
I'd forgotten that he ran a lounge!
We arranged a date and I drove the hour and fifteen minutes to Corona, California to visit with Stinki at his place. It's called the Azucar Cigar Lounge and Geoff has a couple of other partners in crime. Pun intended as Geoff makes his living as a criminal defense lawyer.

The thing that kept going through my mind after arriving at the wonderful lounge was the low profile Stinki keeps on CP in regards to his managing a lounge. Well, the understated Geoff is running one heck of a place and if you are ever in the area you owe it to yourself to visit this place.

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking, but they really don't do this place justice!

azucar.jpg

azucar2.jpg

azucar3.jpg

azucar4.jpg

azucar5.jpg

azucar7.jpg

azucar8.jpg

azucar9.jpg

azucar10.jpg

azucargeoff.jpg

This picture make Geoff look as bald as me, LOL! He actually has much more hair.
Not to mention a great selection of sticks. They have the best selection of Don Pepin I've ever seen in a B&M. Shop.
I left with some hard to find items including an Opus X BBMF!

You'll notice the sign about the gelato café's smoke issue....
Seems there are some suction issues and the smoke from the lounge seeps into the storefront next door.

There are also a couple of great guys working the shop who are avid cp'ers. One has a Tatuaje ink on his forearm and the other was buying up a box of Padron 80th anniversarios. I'm sure they'll chime in here! Great to meet you guys!

Thanks again Geoff, for a great afternoon of smoke and friendship. I am going to be wearing that Azucar Shirt with pride!

Geoff is a great guy! Didn't get to see his lounge, but heard plenty of good things about it from the other guys who had been to it.

Next time I'm in LA LA Land I'll definitely have to check it out.

It was a great pleasure having you stop by for a smoke. I really enjoyed the chat we had and am flattered by your kind words.

Gotta love my neighbors.

Geoff

Azucar is definitely one of the BEST cigar lounges around.

The Gelato sign is hilarious. :D

Sometimes I wish I stayed in the Inland Empire...Stores like that are few and far between.

Geoff is alright but the lounge is GREAT!

Well, alright Geoff is one hell of a fine BOTL! :sign:

Yeah..........I guess Geoff's ok. Well...for a lawyer anyway.

It was a great pleasure having you stop by for a smoke. I really enjoyed the chat we had and am flattered by your kind words.

Gotta love my neighbors.

Geoff

Hey Geoffrey,

I have a good one for you, has the Azucar Lounge prepared a defense for the upcoming mediation with the Gelato place :whistling: :rolleyes: :sign: I can't wait to try the Opus X infused Vanilla Gelato flavor. :love:

BTW,
You'll find some of the nicest, most expensive humidors ever manufactured at Azucar.
From what I gather these are on permanent clearance sale.
I especially dug the $1500 (maybe more) one that looks like the Ben and Jerry's cow. :sign:

Well who's this ugly SOB?!?!?

azucargeoff.jpg

:sign:

Just kidding, Geoff's always a gracious host, and I LOVE to talk law with him! He teaches me ways NOT to screw up out in the field or on paper!!! I am due for a visit for sure Geoff, miss you brother!

-Jonathan

Who's up for a herf at Cappricio? :laugh:

It really looks like a class joint there Geoff, if I ever get back out to LA I will definitely look you up.

BTW,
You'll find some of the nicest, most expensive humidors ever manufactured at Azucar.
I especially dug the $1500 (maybe more) one that looks like the Ben and Jerry's cow. :sign:
Very funny. I'm pretty sure I'll never sell a humidor with hair on it. Did I tell you it comes in brown and white also? Complete with hairy travel case, hairy lighter, hairy cylindrical humidor? The only person who ever showed any interest is Rod. Go figure.

BTW,
Very funny. I'm pretty sure I'll never sell a humidor with hair on it. Did I tell you it comes in brown and white also? Complete with hairy travel case, hairy lighter, hairy cylindrical humidor? The only person who ever showed any interest is Rod. Go figure.

I've been eyeing that hairy humidor (along with the hairy accessories) for awhile now. Someday I'll buy it... :love:

That's one hell of a Tatuaje shelf and I'm drooling and damn that place looks like somewhere I'd like to be right now lol.

I cant wait to enjoy one of Geoff's events, I've heard so many good things!

Wow, looks great! Definitely would need to visit the shop if I'm ever down in that area.