• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Late night cigar

SamGuss

Had the need to go out late tonight for a quick drive - playing the sober driver/taxi thing and since it was such a nice night out, would be the perfect opportunity for a quick cigar. It had been a couple weeks since my last cigar, so I have definately been in the mood and finally had some time in which I could enjoy one as I do like a good cigar while driving.

Opening up my ISOM humidor on the top shelf were some half-forgotten Punch Royal Selection #12, which looked to me the perfect size cigar for this little trip. I used my bullet punch for the cut, grabbed my torch and headed to the car with a coke in hand.

The cigar lighted up beautifully and perfect on the first try, which can be a feat sometimes for me while driving and I began to enjoy the cigar as I mad my first turn. Initially, this cigar had a great toasted tobacco taste that was pleasant to the taste and very aromatic that was not overly burdensome or smoky, filling up my small car.

It gained strength thoughout the cigar and ashed very well and firm. Hints of roasted coffee beans became apparent in the cigar about a third of the way into it and competed against the toasted tobacco taste, but lost the battle about half way through the cigar.

By the time, it was two thirds smoked, nice pepper and spice notes appeared in the overall taste, without becoming over powerful. This suprised me somewhat, as I always had the impression that all Punch cigars were extremely strong. This one did start off beyond mild and did increase in strength, but not to a punchy level in my opinion. Which is a good thing, as it allowed me the tastes of the cigar without becoming all about the strength.

The cigar lasted the whole trip - with me nubbing it and tossing it out of the window about 2 blocks from my home on my return. It was definately a good cigar and I look forward to smoking my others that I have and adding more to my collection in the future.

I rate the Punch Royal Selection #12 a solid 88.

Sam

Very nice review Sambo!! I had one of those puppies about a month ago on the front porch, definitely a nice flavory cigar IMHO. :D :D