• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Latest from CAO

I've read more than one review that says its a great looking cigar that tastes bland, and costs too much for that reason.

I've read more than one review that says its a great looking cigar that tastes bland, and costs too much for that reason.

So in other words, it's a cigar from CAO? :)

lol I still think the Soprano cigar line is great. But up to now its about the only one from CAO I'd bother tracking down.

I smoked the new CAO America that was gifted to me from RTDA, it was a medium strength straight forward tobacco taste. It was not bad but was not great either. The construction was awesome along with the burn and draw, I love the 2 wrappers rolled to give that line. Overall I will go back and smoke the other when it has had time to rest a bit and try again. I really did not like the robusto length with a 55 ring or whatever it was, 52 is about my max size. Right now it is a average smoke with a above average price.

lol I still think the Soprano cigar line is great. But up to now its about the only one from CAO I'd bother tracking down.

I've always found CAO's to be exceedingly dull and uninteresting cigars.

I've always found CAO's to be exceedingly dull and uninteresting cigars.

Every CAO I tried up to the soprano I felt the same way as you about. The soprano changed my mind about that line. I'd still rather have a Padrón.

CAO's seems to be one of those all too typical cigars that had a very short life span for me.

Gotta disagree with most of you. I had one a couple of weeks ago, also a gift from a brother who had been to RTDA, and I found it to be most enjoyable. It had some complexity to it that I liked a lot.

I don't know how much they are selling for, but I imagine they will be overpriced for what they are as many CAO products tend to be. Aside from this one fact re: CAO, they make a few nice lines that I like. I will smoke a Brazilia or Italia occasionally if the price is right. There base Cammie line is of no interest to me though.

So, all that to say this, don't discount the America, just don't overpay for it.

Gary

I was under the impression that the CAO America wasn't do out until October? I'm a CAO whore, so I'd love to get my hands on one of these

I was under the impression that the CAO America wasn't do out until October? I'm a CAO whore, so I'd love to get my hands on one of these
I think September... If I remember right. I just got an email from CAO last week saying, but of course that was last week and I forgot already!!! :blush:

:laugh:

Yeah, I haven't found a CAO yet that has been worthy of making a second appearance in my humi. Not a fan of CAO, to say the least.

I think September... If I remember right. I just got an email from CAO last week saying, but of course that was last week and I forgot already!!! :blush:

Haha, alrighty. I'll keep my eye out. I love these gars, so I'm excited

The PR dept. for CAO would make great political spin doctors.

The CAO maduros were awesome when they were made by Don Douglas!!! :thumbs: Still like a brazilia from time to time. Would be interested to try the America.

Eh...I'm going to chime in here with my opinion. I like some CAO's and dislike others. I find the Soprano to be a little straightforward experience of sweetness and the Italia to be a little overpowering in the taste department. But I can enjoy a nice Cameroon for its coffee flavors or the occasional Brazilia and eXtreme. Considering I can get these at under $3 / stick, it's a nice cigar for tailgates, sharing with newbies, etc.

There are other major-name brands, which I have tried much of their brand and have disliked them all. NPs...