• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Latest Pipe Purchases - Pipes, Tobacco and Accessories 2021

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
I have seen an updated version of this thread for 2021. If there is one, I apologize and will make this one disappear.

I’ve been working through my older stuff so this is my first pipe navy purchase of the year.
650EC743-DD55-4173-A106-0DBAFC96F43D.jpeg

Jarring up some Gawith Hoggarth & Co. Louisiana Flake I acquired recently. I first tried a sample of this fantastic Vaper about 4 years ago. I've been watching for it to be in stock ever since. I always seem to miss it! Happy to finally have 16 ounces. These three jars will go in the cellar to age for a while and what's left in the bag will go into current rotation.

20210523_125652.jpg

20210523_125711.jpg

A buddy of mine expressed interest in learning about pipes as his father used to smoke them. As his birthday is coming up I grabbed him a beginner set, a tin of C&D We Three Kings (1 for me as well), a tin of SPC Plum Pudding Bourbon Barrel Aged (he's a bourbon guy), and a tin of Peterson Irish Whiskey for myself.

Attachments

• 20210915_090753.jpg
    20210915_090753.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 2
Is that made of block meerschaum or some other pressed method? Is there a difference? Looks nice regardless.
This one is block meerschaum. From what I’ve heard, pressed meerschaum is more fragile than block and doesn’t absorb the oils as well so they are very difficult to color. Also, as block you can be sure that it is actually hand carved. With the press method, it can be molded and mass produced.

There's a site out there you have all heard about. I won't say the name but it's one where you can buy and sell "almost" anything. They do have a rule against tobacco related items though. I seldom look at it but a couple of days ago I was browsing and happened to come on this. Forty two 2oz. new, unopened cans of 8 different premium English tobaccos. All for $200. Needless to say they are now mine. Don't think I'll be buying any for a while.

The wife and I had a date night downtown. I had to swing by George’s and pick up some of their house blend. He blended it fresh for us because someone came in earlier today and bought 4 pounds of it.. I would assume one of the local breweries is up to no good 😉 (it’s been featured in a few beers around town). The blend is far too aromatic for me to smoke in my pipe, I actually use this specifically for my smoked old fashioned. 9ED58F13-42DA-44EF-AB7F-9852DE5D04E8.jpeg

The wife and I had a date night downtown. I had to swing by George’s and pick up some of their house blend. He blended it fresh for us because someone came in earlier today and bought 4 pounds of it.. I would assume one of the local breweries is up to no good 😉 (it’s been featured in a few beers around town). The blend is far too aromatic for me to smoke in my pipe, I actually use this specifically for my smoked old fashioned. View attachment 48468

Wait, breweries are using tobacco as adjuncts in their beers? Interesting.