• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LCdH Cozumel

Slick300

Slightly less newwww
Hello all and happy new year!

Will be on a cruise in May which will include a stop in Cozumel and I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with La Casa del Habano in Cozumel? From what I can find it looks to have a bar and restaurant as well as the cigar shop?

Any insight would be appreciated.

I don't know if there is a LCdH in cozumel. If you manage to find a real habano there more power to you. If your cruise ports at the Cayman Islands, that'll be your best bet. The linked thread above is mine.

When I was in Cozumel 10 years ago there was not a LCdH. But I convi my wife to drive with me to Cancun where they had a very nice LCdH.
Side. It's, the scuba diving at Cozumel is awesome!

While TripAdvisor is not an awesome place to go find info about cigars, they do have interesting info regarding the LCDH Cozumel.  Sounds like it's right at the end of the cruise boat pier (nice for you!), is under new mgmt, got a facelift and maybe has a decent burger.  Check it here.

Have a great time!

We stopped in Cozumel on our cruise back in November. We walked all over the place looking for the LCdH but had no luck. The locals weren't very helpful either. One shop keeper did offer to sell me weed though.

here's the web site
http://www.lacasadelhabanocozumel.net/

I stopped into this shop while on a cruise last week.   It is located on the main street (Av. Rafael E. Melgar)  that runs along the port and is near the intersection of another main street called Calle Juarez.  I asked a few locals and shop owners where to find Calle Juarez, and they were able to point me in the right direction.  The shop turned out to be about 7 blocks north of where our boat docked.  We docked right where there is an overpass that crosses Av. Melgar to an elevated shopping mall.  You have to come down an escalator to Av. Melgar.  The shop is on the side of the street across from the ocean.  It is above a bar called Fat Tuesdays.  You go in a door at street level and up some stairs.

We got there about 9:30 am and it appeared to be closed. A couple of guys were standing around in front of the door, and one asked me, "Cigars?"  I thought it was going to be another fake cuban cigar scam, but he turned and unlocked the door and invited me up.  The place was officiallly still closed - the lights were out and the chairs were up on the tables - but he turned on the lights, opened the humidor and let me in to chose what I wanted.  The hygrometer read 63% humidity, so they were well cared for.

Pretty good selection, and looks like it would be a great place to smoke, but we were off to snorkel so I had to get back to the ship.  Bought a couple of Boli RCs and a couple of RASS to smoke on board, as we only had two days left on the cruise.   Prices are what you would expect - very high.  Especially in comparison to the first shop I stopped at when looking for directions. It was a souvenir shop, and they had a cabinet (not humidor) filled with various "cuban" cigars with a sign that said "Any Cuban cigar - $6"    You get what you pay for.

As I was walking back to the ship, some guy in an alley asked me if I wanted to buy some cuban cigars.  I said I already had some and showed him what I had purchased. He replied, Wow - those look really good!"   It was pretty funny.

We also stopped in Rohatan, and there was a guy rolling cigars on the dock and selling them for $3.  I figured it was a better souvenir than another t shirt and cheap enough so I bought one, and it turned out to be a really good cigar.

MrAnderson41 said:
We stopped in Cozumel on our cruise back in November. We walked all over the place looking for the LCdH but had no luck. The locals weren't very helpful either. One shop keeper did offer to sell me weed though.

???

Sure, I'll take an ounce...

Out from behind a door steps a cop, hop in these shiny new bracelets gringo...

It's what comes to mind at least...

jsm11 said:

???

Sure, I'll take an ounce...

Out from behind a door steps a cop, hop in these shiny new bracelets gringo...

It's what comes to mind at least...
I just laughed, kept walking, and told him I was all set.

When in Mexico I would only purchase cuban cigars from 2 places. Duty free shops with good humidification units and LCDH.  You get what you pay for and you are paying for piece of mind.   The LCDH in Puerto Vallarta is awesome with great aged stock.

I will be in Cozumel in a few months. I have been checking reviews on the Cozumel LCDH.  It's a real mixed bag right now.  I will take a look when I am there but I am not going to leave heartbroken if nothing looks good.

punk_lawyer said:
I will be in Cozumel in a few months. I have been checking reviews on the Cozumel LCDH.  It's a real mixed bag right now.  I will take a look when I am there but I am not going to leave heartbroken if nothing looks good.

See my post above. They had a good sized humidor with a pretty good selection and the sticks were at 63% RH and in good shape.  The RASSs I got were very tasty. The Boli RC was a bit rougher.  This is pretty much it if you want the real deal.  There were tons of places to  buy fakes, though.

Prices are very high, like all LCDH, but at least you know what you are getting. As I recall, RASS was $16 each and Boli RC $19.  There was a discount of about 15% if you bought five of the same stick.

Thanks for the input, everyone. Of course, prices were high, but I wasn't looking to fill a humidor, anyway. Bought a fiver for the ship, had a couple of spectacular monitors and some fantastic ceviche for lunch. An all around nice place that I'd highly recommend a stop at if in Cozumel.

In Cabo, I think there are more guys selling fakes than selling timeshares...when turned down they first offer weed...then blow...as they term it lol.