• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Leaf by Oscar.

Scap

Does anyone have any experience with the Leaf by Oscar?

I snagged the corojo stick today, and hope to enjoy it in a day or two.

The cigar is wrapped in a leaf instead of cellophane. Seems a bit gimicky, but like a fish, the shiny wiggly lure makes me bite.

62a0527aa6d3562e843448caa03ef953.jpg

48353c7d599cf45f62e8248106b6b318.jpg

Scap said:
Does anyone have any experience with the Leaf by Oscar?
I snagged the corojo stick today, and hope to enjoy it in a day or two.
The cigar is wrapped in a leaf instead of cellophane. Seems a bit gimicky, but like a fish, the shiny wiggly lure makes me bite.
62a0527aa6d3562e843448caa03ef953.jpg
48353c7d599cf45f62e8248106b6b318.jpg
I've tried all four different Oscars, the Connie, Corojo, Sumatra and Maduro wrappers. I think the Sumatra was my fav with the Connie being the least. It's a pretty one dimensional stick but enjoyable non the less. Cedar, wood, and earth with average smoke production and draw. Your Basic profile with nothing standing out. They do burn s-l-o-w , so set aside a couple of hours.
The wrapper thing is gimmicky but different. I'm pretty sure you can smoke the band as well.
Enjoy and let us know your thoughts.

bucfan444 said:
]
I've tried all four different Oscars, the Connie, Corojo, Sumatra and Maduro wrappers. I think the Sumatra was my fav with the Connie being the least. It's a pretty one dimensional stick but enjoyable non the less. Cedar, wood, and earth with average smoke production and draw. Your Basic profile with nothing standing out. They do burn s-l-o-w , so set aside a couple of hours.
The wrapper thing is gimmicky but different. I'm pretty sure you can smoke the band as well.
Enjoy and let us know your thoughts.
Awesome, thanks for the info.

I like the idea of a slow burn, and will set aside some extra time to be sure.

I just purchased 20 of these from the guy who is Oscar.   Small shop in PGH.  At least that is his story.   Enjoyable stick - with a decent price point.  

cookie_1978 said:
I just purchased 20 of these from the guy who is Oscar.   Small shop in PGH.  At least that is his story.   Enjoyable stick - with a decent price point.  
The B&M I got it from had a premium price tag on them.

But I did score 4 more FREE sticks (Regius is custom blending a stick for them to private label) to sample from the nice lady.

I've smoked my way through half a bundle of the Maduro. I really enjoy this cigar. One of my current favorites.
Just ordered a bundle of the lanceros in maduro this morning from Rodrigo Cigars. He had a scpecial going on... buy a bundle and get 5 Free Island Jim's.

Btw, the cost for a bundle of 20 was around $160. And you CAN smoke the band. It's made from tobacco-based paper.