• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Leather?

Ever chew on a corner of a well-broken in baseball glove when you were a kid, or a leather shoelace?

Leather is a flavor. It's used to describe cigars that taste like it.

~Boar

Ever chew on a corner of a well-broken in baseball glove when you were a kid, or a leather shoelace?

~Boar

That is very well said.

Also, the scent of leather can be looked at as a taste. I have a well broken in suitcase that has a wonderful leather smell. Sometimes, like when apple pie is cooking, you can taste a smell that is familiar.

Can anyone tell me how leather is used to describe flavor in a cigar?

You've never had a leather bit in your mouth while a dominatrix.......you know what? Pretend I didn't say anything. :whistling:

You've never had a leather bit in your mouth while a dominatrix.......you know what? Pretend I didn't say anything. :whistling:

That was clever and funny! :laugh:

I had a new shell bag out in the duck blind today and all I kept smelling was the leather, made me want a cigar in the worst way. I only took two out and gave one away and it was driving me nuts that the leather smell was still there and there were no more cigars. :(

I had a new shell bag out in the duck blind today and all I kept smelling was the leather, made me want a cigar in the worst way. I only took two out and gave one away and it was driving me nuts that the leather smell was still there and there were no more cigars. :(

That would be piss poor planning.

FOG status revoked!

I find that it is more of an aroma that hits you in the nose between puffs, Like walking past a Wilsons Leather store at the mall. I find it in a lot of Perdomo's and Puros Indios cigars.

~Boar
That being said, I'm going to let my dog, Rocco, 'review' cigars for me...he knows that taste/flavor very well.

I find that it is more of an aroma that hits you in the nose between puffs, Like walking past a Wilsons Leather store at the mall. I find it in a lot of Perdomo's and Puros Indios cigars.

I can't say, because I don't smoke Perdomo's or Puros Indios often (at all), but I have gotten the most intense aromas of leather from the Eplendidos I have. I frequently read that they traditionally have a "worn" leather aroma/flavor when they are spot on, and I couldn't agree more.

I used to think leather in a cigar was just funny, considering I'm not in the habit of eating leather, but after a couple years of smoking I don't even think that way anymore. Now, leather is one of my favorite flavors/aromas in a cigar. It is very addicting! :sign:

That would be piss poor planning.

FOG status revoked!

:laugh: I should get extra FOG points for giving away half the cigars I brought. :D

I had better opening days, the temp got to 74 F, but we got 1 mallard, 3 Woodducks, 2 Gadwall, and 2 shovelers, so it wasn't too bad of a shoot. They quit flying at 8:00.

I had better opening days, the temp got to 74 F, but we got 1 mallard, 3 Woodducks, 2 Gadwall, and 2 shovelers, so it wasn't too bad of a shoot. They quit flying at 8:00.

Friggin bankers hours, LOL.