• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Left 4 Dead (L4D)

Holyvision

The most noobishly noobish noob
I sure as hell am going to be playing Left 4 Dead as soon as it's out. Steam name is Holyvision, let me know so we can kill zombies togethor over a nice smoke!

1216665128l4dpft360pcig6.jpg

When I'm done with fallout 3, I'm going to play it again, then when I'm done with that, I'm going to play fallout 2, then I'll probably play fallout 3 again, then I'll probably play COD: WaW, then maybe left for dead! I'll letcha know when I get to it!

I'm currently obsessed with Fallout 3. I'm 8 hours into it and haven't even scratched the surface. I'm obsessed with any game that has to do with America during the 1940s ala Bioshock, Fallout 3 etc.

However, Zombie games are my other weakness. So I'll definitely be playing this.

online Left4Dead Co-op Herf

Anyone interested....my Gamer Tag is ProgressCity

:laugh:

SwissyJim on both Xbox Live and Steam

Always up for some co-op killing! Also playing in Call of Duty World at War heavily right now

:laugh:

SwissyJim on both Xbox Live and Steam

Always up for some co-op killing! Also playing in Call of Duty World at War heavily right now

I've not screamed this much since going on Tower of Terror with TheEpiphany and Napa_Smokes. It was fun, and it sucked all at the same time. :angry: Thanks Jimbo for saving my ass many many many times! To give you an idea, our first time playing:

KILL STATS:

SwissyJim: 98

Souldog24ca: 22

Yeah...I'm a wuss. :rolleyes:
emmett_scream.jpg

the only thing better than saving your ass (repeatedly I might add) was running thru Call of Duty WaW with the flamethrower and cooking the Japanese snipers out of the palm trees

Abstract%20-%20Evil%20Grin.jpg

Adding you both on steam now, my name on steam is Gawll.

As for L4D, I have been playing the demo since the 6th and loving every minute of it. My buddies and I are chomping at the bit for the 18th, I already took the day of for some zombie killing goodness.

Edit: The invite might come from Gawl[GANG] if so thats me.

L4D is drop-dead (pun!) amazing, GOTY material for sure; it's only real competition will be SC2 when it comes out in December!

If you had the slightest idea of getting this game, or if it was on your list of "to buy games", move it to the top!

--Holy

L4D is drop-dead (pun!) amazing, GOTY material for sure; it's only real competition will be SC2 when it comes out in December!

FAIL! Little Big Planet, GTA4, GoW2, Resistance2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Fallout 3, and I'm sure I'm forgetting other greats like Fable 2

I own a ps3, but it is games like this that make me want to go 360.

Nice stuff.

FAIL! Little Big Planet, GTA4, GoW2, Resistance2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Fallout 3, and I'm sure I'm forgetting other greats like Fable 2

Saints row 2 > GTA4

GoW2 story = fail

Resistance2 = meh

Metal Gear Solid 4 = released too early in the year for consideration (that's always the case)

Fallout 3 = great game, prolly not GOTY

Fable 2 was a great game, but the freggin' terrible ending is enough to plummet it to the bottom of the list.

Too much controversy on moderation of little big planet imo, but I could be wrong. It's also only on one system, and most GOTYs have ports.

L4D had more pre-orders than orange box, and outsold Halo 3 on it's first day.

These are just my opinions though, who knows, Pokemon Rainbow-Diamond-Emerald Ubercomplex Pinecone edition could steal the day!

Saints row 2 > GTA4

GoW2 story = fail

Resistance2 = meh

Metal Gear Solid 4 = released too early in the year for consideration (that's always the case)

Fallout 3 = great game, prolly not GOTY

Fable 2 was a great game, but the freggin' terrible ending is enough to plummet it to the bottom of the list.

Well, realistically speaking, Bethesda has taken, I think, every GOTY after a major release game. Also, the nominations for this years VGA have already been announced. L4D, while awesome, no arguing there, didn't even make the cut for GOTY. It lacks the depth/complexity that is usually required, and it is basically a mod.

From VGA nomination list for 2008:

Game of the Year
Grand Theft Auto IV
LittleBigPlanet
Fallout 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gears of War 2

Left 4 dead did make the best PC game list, best shooter list, best multiplayer list, but not GOTY. Coming from someone who owns a great PC/xbox 360 and PS3, all those games are very deserving, and none of them are "meh" by any standards. Fable 2's story ending did suck, however.

Edit: Oh, and sc2 probably won't release this December. If it does, I'll have a stroke. On the flip side, my money is for Fallout 3 for GoTY