• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Less expensive smokes...

mr.mac

Any ideas on tasty, yet less expensive, Cubans?

Been looking at Petit Edmundo's and HDM Short Robusto's. I do like PC's as well. I noticed the Punch punch aren't quite as expensive as some of the other Cuban's on the market.

Suggestions welcome...

mac

I was in Saskatchewan last week and overhead a couple of Canucks pondering this exact question. Here' what I remember of that conversation.

All the machine-mades are worth giving a twirl as they are at the bottom of the cost ladder and are not bad smokes. Quick, tasty, cheap.

Smaller tubos are convenient, inexpensive, and come with in their own little humidor. They liked the Partagas Coronas Juniors/Seniors, Deluxe, Upmann Singulares, Coronas Major, RyJ Romeos No.1, No. 2.

Other lower cost sticks that are good values are the Minutos size (Party Shorts), and the petit coronas size (various makes).

They did like the Monte Petit Edmundo and RyJ SC.

Remember, that's just what I heard.

Wilkey

I was in Saskatchewan last week and overhead a couple of Canucks pondering this exact question. Here' what I remember of that conversation.

All the machine-mades are worth giving a twirl as they are at the bottom of the cost ladder and are not bad smokes. Quick, tasty, cheap.

Smaller tubos are convenient, inexpensive, and come with in their own little humidor. They liked the Partagas Coronas Juniors/Seniors, Deluxe, Upmann Singulares, Coronas Major, RyJ Romeos No.1, No. 2.

Other lower cost sticks that are good values are the Minutos size (Party Shorts), and the petit coronas size (various makes).

Wilkey

Remind me to watch what I say around this guy, seems as he eavesdrops quite well! :whistling:

Wilkey
[/quote]

Right. I don't think I was very clear in my first post. In the event that I am in a country where I could legaly purchase Cuban cigars, what are some of the lesser expensive cigars worth trying in those markets.

How else would I get access to Cuban's... :blush:

mac

Been looking at Petit Edmundo's and HDM Short Robusto's. I do like PC's as well. I noticed the Punch punch aren't quite as expensive as some of the other Cuban's on the market.

Suggestions welcome...

mac
Nah. You can't delete it. And it's not well accepted to heavily edit or delete one's posts.

You're just getting a little hazing is all. Stick around, it'll all make sense one day.

Wilkey

Suggestions welcome...

mac
Nah. You can't delete it. And it's not well accepted to heavily edit or delete one's posts.

You're just getting a little hazing is all. Stick around, it'll all make sense one day.

Wilkey

Thanks for being gentle... :D

mac

Wilkey

Right. I don't think I was very clear in my first post. In the event that I am in a country where I could legaly purchase Cuban cigars, what are some of the lesser expensive cigars worth trying in those markets.

How else would I get access to Cuban's... blush.gif

mac

You know, I heard some hombres talking down at ye olde watering hole about this exact matter.

One guy was mentioning to another that mere possession was not necessarily the contest with these lawfully challenged rolls of leaf, but the purchase of said items as well is considered a federal offense, no matter what soil your on.

His friend did not believe him, and I forget how the rest of the conversation went...

Quite serendipitous that this conversation happened just yesterday!

Rob

Suggestions welcome...

mac

Nitty Gritty, fill your Humidor with Cuban tobacco? then the following are always a good choice for CHEAP cigars.

Quintero Brevas or Nacionales

Jose L. Piedra Brevas or Nacionales

BTW the Punch Punch is my personal favorite Cuban.

By the way, as a US citizen, you are not legally able to purchase Cuban cigars. Even if you are in a country that sells them.

By the way, as a US citizen, you are not legally able to purchase Cuban cigars. Even if you are in a country that sells them.

I'll be damned! :angry: You learn something new everyday...

mac
This made me wonder! Can a U.S. consumer legally buy hash in Amsterdam?

Yes, and your 18 year old could have a beer while you get stoned. Of course, then one of you might sneak off later and get laid as well, but you see where I'm going with it.

Edited cuz I left out the best part. After getting laid, you could come back to your hotel and sit on the balcony with a Party Short, and that would be a no-no.

Another interesting bit of info on the topic. Everyone knows little Bobby Fisher the chess playing genius. He's an old dude now, and played a chess tournament in Iran (?) a fews year back. Pretty sure it was Iran. Anyway, we have an embargo there as well. He didn't have permission to be there, and was told he would be prosecuted when he returned. He's yet to return.

Different set of circumstances obviously, especially given that the feds have beef with Bobby for making some anti-American comments, but still it's in the same ballpark. A friend of mine who was overseas in Iraq told me he was destroying communism in Cuba one cigar at a time. I thought that was clever, but still, it's against the law.

My brother-in-law from Germany swears by the R&J No.2 A/T. His other inexpensive rotation, he has party shorts and bowling pc (must be codes for something).

I was in the Bahamas once and I overheard two fine gentlemen discussing this very subject. They sure were lucky to live in a place where Cuban cigars are legal.

Anyway, if I remember the conversation correctly, they were very high on something called a partagas short and most of the Bolivar line. It seems these cigars are moderately priced and very very good......................in their opinion.

For something even cheaper I believe I heard reference to the Jose Piedra lines and also the Quintero breva.

I tell ya, hearing all this made me very jealous of them. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club Mac!