• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lesson learned on cheap sticks....

Bigbrown

I purchased some Victor sinclair cigars off of TC....Don Rafael (DR), vintage 2004. The first one I smoked was pretty good, but since then I've smoked some much better cigars. Well, I smoked another DR last weekend that had no flavor to it. Is my taste changing, or was it just a bad cigar?

They have been in my humidor for about a month....should I let them sit? They had decent reviews. I don't expect them to taste like a monte at their price point, but good lord that cigar was not good at all.

Now, I'm new to this so don't want to make more mistake's as it can be expensive. My first lesson here is don't buy a box unless you try it first. they were not expensive, so I'm not out much.

Thanks for the help. If all else fails, I can use them to start fires with....:)

There are inexpensive smokes that are very decent, maybe lots better than decent.....my guess is that those ain't it.

Lesson learned.... :cool:

I can't recommend the "Noobie Sampler Trade" enough.  You'll get a sampling of great smokes from an experienced member, at a fair price.  I'm sure if you indicated you were looking for good daily smokes, they'd tailor the package to your interests.  Easy to recommend..... :thumbs:

Edited to add some linkage:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/73718-newbie-sampler-trade-part-iii/

There's no reason to smoke cheap cigars except if you're hopelessly addicted to nicotine.

Doc

Not  addicted at all....only smoke a couple or three per week, so I'm interested in quality over quantity. Thanks for the replies....fire starters for sure.

Just read through that list...looks like an awesome list. I will be basing many of my future purchase's off of it....Copy and paste time...

Thanks for everyone's input.

We've all been through it.  You are growing into the culture.  Your tastes will be refined over the years.  Enjoy, experiment, and have fun with it.  But mostly smoke good cigars.  They're awesome.

broblues said:
We've all been through it.  You are growing into the culture.  Your tastes will be refined over the years.  Enjoy, experiment, and have fun with it.  But mostly smoke good cigars.  They're awesome.

Will do....thanks again.

I agree completely. Also having those duds is good too, for the simple fact that it just makes me appreciate all th e good smokes I have. :)

Can't go wrong with the newbie sampler trade.

I've done two and would do another one without hesitating. For the money you spend you get a lot.

I would like to do another one but I've been trying to limit cigars.

And if I have them in my humidor I'll probably wanna smoke them.

But definitely look into the sampler trade.

Just pm the person who is up and give them the following:

1. Cigars you've smoked and what you thought about them

2. What your preference of flavor is so far.

3. If you like flavored cigars or non flavored

4. Strength level you like

5. What body strength you like

6. What length cigar you prefer

7. what ring gauge you prefer

8. How much money you wanna spend. The minimum is $50. But you'll get more than $50 value.