• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lest We Forget

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
Tomorrow is Remembrance Day in Canada, same reason to Remember as Veteran's Day in the US, and Armistice Day elsewhere, and so on, just a different title.

So many young people don't know the significance of the Day (read the words to "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda" for those of you who don't know it by heart & word for word) and it's sad the lack of respect even some adults have for the day.

THIS video of an Eastern Canada musician basically shows / tells it all.

On the 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month, Remember, please, and wear the Poppy to show people YOU know why.

God Bless all who served, and those serving right now.

Flanders Fields:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Great Post Brother. Although I can't view the link (due to DoD Network I'm on) if it's the same one STOGIEMAN sent me.....it's awesome!

Anyway, I'm spending the day flying around Iraq in a C130 heading South to begin the process of going home (should be in TX by mid-week). :) :) :) :)

I've packed enough cigars and pipe tobacco for the trip and I'll have BRICKHOUSE with me just in case. ;) ;)

Hope ya'll have a great weekend, and if it ain't too much trouble swing by a VFW when most of them will have some sort of wreath laying ceremony.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I've served and trained with the Canadian Navy - a fine bunch who earned my respect.

While I have never served I have many family and friends who have and respect and honor all those who are and have served in support of my (and every other American's) freedom.

Unfortunately our society has placed more importance on getting a day off and finding the great deals at Veteran's Day Sales than actually knowing and remembering the importance of this day.

THANK YOU to all those who are serving and have served.

Thank you.

Thank you to those who served before me and secured the freedoms we enjoy today.

Thank you to those who recognize, honor, and appreciate my own service.

Thank you to those who have served after me. While previous generations in the civilian world frequently bemoan the "kids today", I often marvel at the quality of today's soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen (go Air Force!).

Thank you all.

Happy Veteran's day to all those that have provided me with the freedoms I enjoy on a daily basis. You have my respect and admiration.

I never forget to get my poppy. Much respect to the Veterans that gave there lives for ours.

I was giving a tour of the base to some WWII vets a few months ago. When I left to head back to work they where telling me thanks for serving. I told them, I appreciate it, however the HONOR is all mine. Because, if they didn't serve before me and fought in WWII, I wouldn't be serving today.

So thanks to all those that have served and all those that are currently serving.

Happy Remembrance/Veterans day!

Bump to the top in honour of November 11th, 2009.

Again, thanks to those who've served, are serving and will in the future.

Poppy.jpg

Thank you all so very much for your time and service.

Thanks to all those who have served before me. I couldn't do what I do without your sacrifice.

AIRBORNE!!!