• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LFD Double Ligero Chisel

fast01gt

First off let me say thanks to Dozedhead for this smoke, as he sent it to me. This was the first LFD that I have smoked and it was a pleasent discovery for me. I found the tip of this cigar to be rather intresting and I am sure that it added to the overall enjoyment that I found from this stick. The cigar was firm with just the right amount of flex to it. The wraper was slightly dark but not a maddy. It lighted up very easily and I did not have to touch it to a flame again. Burn was very consistant, with no runs. The draw was just right and I believe that the tip design had alot to do with this. It smoked very smoothly, not to fast at a total smoke time of around 50 mins. Boy o boy did this smoke pack a punch. I am somewhat a newb to cigar smoking and am trying new one out all the time. This, to me, had the punch that I have found in a VSG. I am glad that I did not smoke this one on a empty stomach. Smoked it to a nub and enjoyed every bit of it. I will be looking for this cigar again at my local B&M. Thanks again dozerhead, it was a great cigar to send to a newb like me!.. :cool:

Sorry I don't have any pictures I need to learn how to do the whole photo hosting thing.

Edited because my hands are shaking...lol

Nevermind, answered my own question, thanks guys. :)

Have to try one of these things, always hear about how powerful they are.

Try the lancero. It has all the taste without as much power. Great smoke.

I have to disagree with moe. The lanceros that I have had were very, very strong when young and unsmokeable. I had to age mine for almost a year to enjoy them.

The chisel really goes from person to person with its strength. I had this cigar and loved it, but it didn't pack a punch at all. This cigars knocks some on their a$$ and some it doesn't phase. Overall it is a great smoke IMO.
B

First off let me say thanks to Dozedhead for this smoke, as he sent it to me. This was the first LFD that I have smoked and it was a pleasent discovery for me. I found the tip of this cigar to be rather intresting and I am sure that it added to the overall enjoyment that I found from this stick. The cigar was firm with just the right amount of flex to it. The wraper was slightly dark but not a maddy. It lighted up very easily and I did not have to touch it to a flame again. Burn was very consistant, with no runs. The draw was just right and I believe that the tip design had alot to do with this. It smoked very smoothly, not to fast at a total smoke time of around 50 mins. Boy o boy did this smoke pack a punch. I am somewhat a newb to cigar smoking and am trying new one out all the time. This, to me, had the punch that I have found in a VSG. I am glad that I did not smoke this one on a empty stomach. Smoked it to a nub and enjoyed every bit of it. I will be looking for this cigar again at my local B&M. Thanks again dozerhead, it was a great cigar to send to a newb like me!.. :cool:

Sorry I don't have any pictures I need to learn how to do the whole photo hosting thing.

I'm glad you enjoyed the cigar. I probably should have warned you about them. :whistling: Don't worry, though. I've been smoking cigars for about 8 years and they still give me the shakes, too! That one I gave you had some age on it, but they still pack a wallop.

I'm glad you enjoyed the cigar. I probably should have warned you about them. :whistling: Don't worry, though. I've been smoking cigars for about 8 years and they still give me the shakes, too! That one I gave you had some age on it, but they still pack a wallop.

No worries, I actually love a cigar that packs a wallop! It was a great smoke ans I thourghly enjoyed it...thanks again.

The chisel really goes from person to person with its strength. I had this cigar and loved it, but it didn't pack a punch at all. This cigars knocks some on their a$$ and some it doesn't phase. Overall it is a great smoke IMO.
B

funny you should say that because I just got out of the hot tub where I enjoyed one of these beauties with a great cup of java. It didnt rock me at all. But I will say it was a really good smoke that I totally enjoyed. I will definately grab a few more of these bad boys..

art

great review too. :)

Chisels are one of my favorite LFD's. If you want one that really packs a punch, try the LG Chisel, or a LFD Chiselito.

Nice review. This is a great cigar. I like it in the Oscuro.
I have some aging long term. I have successfully aged some LFD smokes about a year and have always enjoyed them that way as well. Either way in my top cigar makers book.

Nice review mate.
Sorry to hear you had the shakes :laugh:

Every LFD I have smoked has been excellent, and the Chisel is one of my favs. The Lanceros are damn good as well, I don't find any of their vitolas overpowering although I have yet to smoke a LG Chisel, or a LFD Chiselito.

Dave

Nice review. The chisel/chiselito and lancero are what I smoke almost exclusively lately.

A few things on LG vs LFD from my viewpoint:
The LG chisel is not as potent as the LFD
Overall, the LG line has all the qualities of the LFD double ligero, but smoother and with more flavor
If you want a thumper, the LG Oriental and Camacho Trumpeta certainly qualify. They are much too strong for me.