• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LFD Double Ligero Chisel

I don't really know my man...I always snip mine, but I snip the smallest piece of tip off as possible...usually there is a good draw from the getgo...I like keeping the chisel in tact as much as possible!
I guess what I'm saying is that I don't completely agree with Rush but I don't disagree either...I just use my cutter to perform what he does with his fingertips..."some say tomato and some say tomato" kind of thing

Just as long as you enjoy the smoke and it draws well!

When I attended an LFD Event at Stinki's place, we were told by the LFD guys that the chisel is meant to be punched on the top half of the cigar near the tip of the cigar.

Whether he was full of bollocks, I don't know, it's personal preference at this point. But hey, if it's their cigar, tey may know something, and they said it is meant to be punched.

I still cut mine.

NEVER cut...always pinched mine and then he cap just pops off..

art

When I attended an LFD Event at Stinki's place, we were told by the LFD guys that the chisel is meant to be punched on the top half of the cigar near the tip of the cigar.

Whether he was full of bollocks, I don't know, it's personal preference at this point. But hey, if it's their cigar, tey may know something, and they said it is meant to be punched.

I still cut mine.

Jonathan's right. To the best of my knowledge, the chisel is to be punched. If you search, you'll find that Rod stated this a few months ago as well, in another thread on the LFD Chisel. It has something to do with the way the smoke hits your palette.

A friend of mine actually likes to punch both sides of the chisel, he says it works great, who am I to argue.

Get 4 of them, and try them all 4 ways: Cut, pinched, punched halfway, punched all the way. I don't think there's any "right" way. I used to cut mine, until I was at a herf. Dave saw my pulling my cutter out, and he said to just squeeze it. And it was good.

When I smoked it, I cut it. I will try the punch the next time and see if there's a diiference.

I used a double guillotine, and had no issues there.

I will say though that I believe the particular chisel tip is more annoying than beneficiary to me. I like to rotate the cigar during the smoke to keep the burn even and the ash attached, but this was a nuisance with this cigar.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to pick up a few this week and try these different methods. While I would probably gravitate towards slicing off a bit of the tip, punching might be the ticket too. We'll see ( but not all in one day , that's for sure).

Jim

Maybe someone should post a pic of the punched version. I'm having a hard time picturing it. I have a chisel resting in the humi and have been wondering how the hell I'm supposed to punch it...

that punch is very interesting. Have to try it next time

art

Going to have to buy one of these over the week-end and try that punch. Thanks for the link was great info.

Just got my first box of LFD Chisels in yesterday. Smoked one ROTT and it was a great power-house. I just tore a tiny slit in the very end of the 'chisel' with my front teeth. Excellent draw that way.

Dan