• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lifting restrictions

I've read it and understood as: you can buy, drink and smoke as much as you want while anywhere worldwide, except the US and Cuba. You are still not allowed to import. Previously, technically you could have been fined for doing so, but it wasn't really something that was enforced.

I'll sleep easier knowing that when I smoke a Cuban cigar while traveling abroad, I won't be thrown into Guantanamo when I return.

Importing will still require an act from congress to become legal.

Was there the past few days and listened to the majority of the discussions from both sides. Raul should be in a home because he is not in full control of himself. He continually mispronounced words or couldn't finish them. Shakin like a transmission on a 72 Buick. Obama musta been sayin to himself, is this guy really in charge? Couldn't see the baseball game as it was invite only. The shame of that is the stadium was not full. Raul did not go to the airport to receive Obama. Many in Cuba see that as a huge lack of respect. Some say it was a protest for the situation with Guantanamo base. Two days before he went to the airport to meet Maduro from Venezuela. In general all I heard was a bunch of rhetoric from the Cuban side with a lot of rah-rah-rah. The Cuban TV put a lot of political propaganda the few days leading up to Obamas arrival, with a very negative tone. I must have seen 3-4 documentaries on how evil Bush is (father and son). Nauseating. Honestly, I still don't see any rapid progress only auxiliary moves that will benefit Raul and his cronies. Sorry to be such a downer, but most of you know this won't go away for a while. John

That's too bad. But it's great to hear your insight from the ground, definitely tempers my expectations.

Is it well known already that Raul's health/facilities are lacking or is this something that this meeting has brought to the forefront? Is there a possibility it was his health that caused him to not meet Obama at the airport?

Really interesting info Johnny! Thank you for sharing.

You really, really don't want the cigar embargo to end. When it does, all hell will break loose, and every swinging dick that wants to smoke a Cuban cigar will be there with his money, and real cigar smokers will be left holding the bag.

Doc

You really, really don't want the cigar embargo to end. When it does, all hell will break loose, and every swinging dick that wants to smoke a Cuban cigar will be there with his money, and real cigar smokers will be left holding the bag.

Doc

I, definitely, agree with this.

I wonder who really runs Cuba? I bet my non-existant farm we've never heard of him.

It won't be any worse than the end of prohibition. Production will ramp up, everybody who trys one won't be converted and most won't even be "real" cigar smokers. I look forward to it.

Doc