• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada T52 Robusto

engspot

Covered in Paint
This was a cigar I have been looking forward to trying. Today I completed a 3 day/500 slide quality training seminar and decided to light it up to celebrate. Our chocolate lab needed some time outside so we ventured out to take care of business and enjoy the rest of the brisk afternoon.

The Liga Privada is a stalk cut tobacco and I begin to wonder what that means. I looked the cigar over and smelled wrapper from foot to head. There was an almost musty tobacco smell that reminded me of the smell of topsoil. Very earthy.

The appearance of the T52 reminds me of nice suede. The wrapper has a very rich brown color that seems very thick with a mild sheen. Thin hairs protrude from the wrapper evenly throughout the cigar and gives a fuzzy characteristic. I believe the appearance was a perfect indicator to what I was about to enjoy.

I punched the cap and lit the foot.

The first few puffs took a bit of work to get smoke flowing, but once the foot was lit the taste that filled my mouth was that of very smooth tobacco with a leather finish on the exhale. The smoke grew in complexity throughout the first third and was complemented by a balanced blend of unsweetened coffee, leather and wood. The taste of leather was predominant and massive clouds of smoke came from even the smallest puffs. A light gray ash formed at the tip and held tight to the cigar until gently tapped onto the ashtray.

I have to say that as I am smoking the cigar I am mesmerized by the amount of smoke coming off of the foot of the cigar. The amount of tobacco in this cigar is amazing. They rolled it very tight and even the burnt tobacco ash seems dense. The hairs on the wrapper started to curl before turning to ash and the burn remained sharp throughout the whole cigar. It is almost fun to just sit here and watch it burn.

While smoking through the second third the flavors remained constant and gently picked up in intensity. Hints of pepper were detected, but they came as quick as they went and the flavor remained constant with leather, coffee and wood.

Towards the end the draw tightened up a bit, but I was still able to generate quite a bit of smoke and was sad to see the nub that formed in my hands. I thoroughly enjoyed this smoke and find the $12 was well spent...time to go gather the dog, head back inside and warm up!

This is a very nice cigar. It made me forget that Drew Estate also makes Acid Thx for the review.

Great review, these are great oily sticks with a perfect build.

My box is dwindling quick!

-Jimmy

Excellent review. Made for a great read and perhaps some wishful thinking.

Mmmmm...Liga Privada :love: I agree....it's such a beautifully constructed and tasty cigar and I was also impressed with the amount of smoke it produced. A well-written review. (You made me want to smoke one of these again!)

I'm glad you all enjoyed the review. It was just such a great smoke that I wanted to share the experience. Next time I'll look for my camera and put a few pictures in there so I don't sound as crazy describing what I'm seeing. :laugh: