• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada T52 Robusto

JBL11183

Lurker
I usually smoke between one and three sticks a day and I like to mix it up, I don't really stay with one particular brand. For the past week or so I have been smoking some really primo sticks....rare opus maduros, DC aniversarios, tat blck lable jar and original releases, Casa Fuentes, a few Añejo sharks, behikes, aged Cuban...you get the idea. But I have to say that the Liga T52 Robusto is just amazing and just as good or better than all of the $25+ smokes out there. I'm actually smoking one right now and all I can say is wow!! The construction is flawless. The wrapper isn't as dark as the No 9 but it is still beautiful. I clipped it with my xikar and the draw is incredible. I keep the RH fairly low, usually around 68 for my NC's. the burn is razor sharp and every pull has an enormous amount of smoke. It is definitely a full bodided full flavor cigar, but I enjoy them anytime of the day, on a full stomach or empty. As you can see I love this cigar. I have smokes tons of the other Vitolas but the Robusto is definitely my favorite. At this point I'm sure many of you have tried this cigar but if you haven't you must. I am going to have to do a taste taste test between this and the no. 9(which I also love), but lately I have been going towards the T52.

Great sticks.  I prefer the #9's to the T52's, but to each his own.  You made an interesting statement:
 I keep the RH fairly low, usually around 68 for my NC's.

68% is low...??  I run my cabinet at 65% and I know more than one experienced smoker that runs their storage in the low 60's to high 50's.....  It is indeed personal preference, but I wouldn't call 68% "fairly low".....JMHO.

B.B.S.

I love the #9's and haven't ventured far from them within this line. I'm sure these are very close to the same qaulity and taste, so I'd like to try one or two.

As for the RH...I'm a 60-65 guy, so I see 68 pretty high. To each his own.

I have learned through lots of reading that these bad boys need 1 or 2 days of dry box time. It makes a world of a difference. I myself am partial to the T52, but I don't hesitate to pick up a #9 either. I guess it really depends on the mood. The cool thing that I like about the #9 is that I can smoke one first thing in the morning and it doesn't rape my palette. Whereas the the T52 I have to wait till later in the day(after dinner). IMHO of course.

Great review, thanks for the compliments. I just smoked a T52 that I've had sitting in my humidor for a few years last week and it was divine.

BlindedByScience said:
Great sticks.  I prefer the #9's to the T52's, but to each his own.  You made an interesting statement:

I keep the RH fairly low, usually around 68 for my NC's.

68% is low...??  I run my cabinet at 65% and I know more than one experienced smoker that runs their storage in the low 60's to high 50's.....  It is indeed personal preference, but I wouldn't call 68% "fairly low".....JMHO.

B.B.S.
I really don't consider it low actually 68 is the highest I will get it but a lot of people I know keep theirs at like 70-72

drewestatecigar said:
Great review, thanks for the compliments. I just smoked a T52 that I've had sitting in my humidor for a few years last week and it was divine.
I actually just lit another one right now. They are so good!! Keep up the great work guys!

I keep my Ligas like my CCs, on the lower side around 62%.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the LPT52.  I haven't really been able to develop a palate for the T52s.  The LP#9s though are a whole other story.  Love them...especially in the toro vitola.  I'm just happy that they are getting easier and easier to find.

thechenman said:
Thanks for sharing your experience with the LPT52.  I haven't really been able to develop a palate for the T52s.  The LP#9s though are a whole other story.  Love them...especially in the toro vitola.  I'm just happy that they are getting easier and easier to find.
I'm surprised you don't like the T52 if you love the No. 9. This week water writing the review I have been smokin 9's amd 's amd 52's, and I find them to be quite similar. Obviously it's all personal prefence...amd I have to agree with you on the toro Vitola. Unbelievable smoke!!!

JBL11183 said:
I'm surprised you don't like the T52 if you love the No. 9. This week water writing the review I have been smokin 9's amd 's amd 52's, and I find them to be quite similar. Obviously it's all personal prefence...amd I have to agree with you on the toro Vitola. Unbelievable smoke!!!
Odd...or maybe not so much.  I find the taste between the No. 9 and T52 to be extremely different.  Taste is so subjective though.  

Odd...or maybe not so much.  I find the taste between the No. 9 and T52 to be extremely different.  Taste is so subjective though.
Same here. The T52s never "did it" for me. I may have to revisit them, though. #9s are perfect smokes in any size.

-John