• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada T52

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
After my review of the LP no. 9, @CgarDan was kind enough to send me a package including this T52. I really appreciate the opportunity, my brother! I’m been eager to light this one up!!

D5F6F4F1-29D7-4223-A153-36F382B289B7.jpeg

I have to say, his has got to be one of, if not the most ascetically pleasing cigars I’ve smoked. The sheen on the wrapper is beautiful. The pictures don’t do it justice, but if you’ve had one, you probably know what I mean. The wrapper is soft and silky to the touch. Even though it’s spent 12 days in the chokey (@TexasTraveler 😉) it almost feels wet.

Paired with - Killer Beans Nicaraguan Knife Fight

Cold draw - Sweet Cocoa

Right away I am hit with dry cocoa powder, coffee, earth with heavy cayenne pepper on the retrohale. About an inch in, the flavor intensity mellowed out to a solid medium. So far I’m really liking it. Right at the end of the first third I started getting some cedar thrown in. The burn line is pretty solid so far.

26E95B3E-7BA1-48E7-9E36-5F3569EC9EAF.jpeg

As a few of you may know, I am not a flavor wizard like some people. I’ve been working on it lately, but it takes a lot more focus for me than it might take others. That’s why I typically try to review cigars when I’m not around other people. That being said, it’s neat for me to have a cigar with multiple discernible flavors. Not really pertinent to the review, it it’s fun to share progress with friends.

Moving on to the second third, still getting a lot of cedar and I’m starting to get quite a bit of leather. About the midway point, cream has taken over the retrohale while cayenne still lingers in the background with no detectable burn. The smoke/mouthfeel is very silky. The closest comparison I could make is the mouthfeel after drinking a nitro beer. The burn has gotten a little wonky, but hasn’t required any correction at this point.

As I approach the final third, I encountered a pretty big change. The flavors have gone fairly dark. I’m getting a lot of dark roast coffee, dark chocolate and earth. I still get cedar in the finish but nowhere near what it was. Personally I prefer it when cigars to start of with the heavier, dark flavors, and mellow out near the end. But objectively speaking, the flavors are still tasty and enjoyable. At this point I’ve had to make a few burn corrections, but none of the issue affected how the cigar smoked.

384E4751-70E5-4F58-912E-41F2E06B9ADF.jpeg

I’d also like to mention that the cigar industry could learn a lot about gluing bands from Drew Estates. I can’t recall ever having difficulty removing a band that resulted in wrapper damage.

All things considered, I really enjoyed this smoke! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for a good deal to add these to my humidor. Another huge shout out to Dan for generously gifting me this cigar! It was a great way to start my day off!

Great review! I have a 5 pack of T52s that I am looking forward to trying. You're absolutely right about the band's Drew Estate uses. I've never had an issue with them either.

Nice review! Makes me want to drink some coffee while smoking one now

Great review Hayden. I am glad you enjoyed this cigar. Just curious if you still remember no 9 that you smoked and if you do which one you liked better

Great review Hayden. I am glad you enjoyed this cigar. Just curious if you still remember no 9 that you smoked and if you do which one you liked better
It’s hard to say which one I liked better. Both of them had some similar flavors IIRC. The only thing that stands out about the no. 9 that I liked more than the T52 is that the no. 9 mellowed near the end where the T52 went the other way and picked up strength and darker flavors. On the other hand, the T52 had more flavors and transitions than I recall the no. 9 having. At the end of the day, both cigars are great!

Thanks for the review, on my own I will add, in general, a good cigar with an interesting aroma, but a little tart taste. Moderately strong with a long-lasting aftertaste. Interesting to try, but I wouldn't want to smoke this cigar all the time.

Thanks for the review, on my own I will add, in general, a good cigar with an interesting aroma, but a little tart taste. Moderately strong with a long-lasting aftertaste. Interesting to try, but I wouldn't want to smoke this cigar all the time.
Even if I wanted to smoke it all the time, my wallet would hate me lol. Also, nice to meet you, friend. Welcome to CigarPass. You should head over to the “New Member Intro” thread and tell everyone who you are and a little about yourself. You’ll be glad you joined the community!!

Had my first T52 last night and it was a good stick for sure. Didn't burn the best with a couple of relights but ended up good. I got a lot of woody flavor with a tiny bit of sweetness from it. I will be having more in the future.