• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighter-Butane...what's the best

MrAnderson41 said:

Out of curiosity, what kind of butane do you Blazer Torch guys use?  I bought a Blazer last fall and love it.  The only problem is that the tips on the cans of butane that I own don't mate well with the fill valve on the torch and it always makes a mess when I go to refill.  I've even tried using a can of Blazer branded butane but the tips that came with it don't work either.

I haven't had a problem with this in quite a while.  I support the hand holding the lighter on the edge of a counter or table.  My two go-to lighters stick out the bottom of my hand and the button is on the top so resting the edge of my hand on something is the only option.  I used to just hold the lighter in the air.  I make sure the nozzle is inserted into the center of the valve.  Finally I press down firmly and make sure I continue to hold the can perpendicular to the direction of pressure so the nozzle doesn't tip any.  The idea is to keep the mating surface of the nozzle parallel to the mating surface of the valve.  I hope this helps.
and you're able to do this with a Blazer torch?  I have other lighters and have no problem filling them but the Blazer is a bi*&h

I have a Blazer but I stopped using it years ago after the igniter quit working.  It may be that I had the same problem that went away when I stopped using it.