• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighter Fixing Help

Setren

Ok, so I've been using a Z-Plus Zippo insert by Blazer for a while now, but now I'm having issues with it. Ever sense I purged it and refilled it with Vector butane, I've had lighting issues. It'll light then go out after the initial light. But here's the interesting part.

When I take the insert out of the Zippo case and light it, it lights and stays lit. Yet when I put it inside of the case, it'll do that flicker. I wrapped paper around the lighter to try to imitate a sealed environment, and it still lit and stayed lit. My friend then messed around with it for a while and then found out that apparently when the part right under the clicky case-top holder was covered by the case, the lighter would flicker. Yet when I covered that area with my finger or pulled the insert out of the case just slightly (not completely), the lighter would work fine.

Anybody have any idea what's happening?

TIA.

Voo Doo. You need to sacrifice a chicken. Then buy some matches. All will be well.

Doc.

Is the lighter flame adjustable?

BTW
I use matches. Although sometimes I'm lazy and use a lighter to light the match.

I threw my 3 Z-Plus lighter inserts away (got all 3 for a single price). They seriously need a reworking of the design and quality control.

1) The little lever (for lack of a better term) on the side that controls the gas flow and holds the Zippo cap closed, has the weakest piece of spring metal in it. It couldn't even keep my zippo closed.

2) 2 of the 3 wouldn't even fit in my Zippo. I ended up sanding them so they would fit.

I'd rather have Z-Plus charge more for a better product (admittedly they are cheap as hell) and until they do I won't be buying anymore.

why not put the original zippo insert back in the lighter, fill it with the new formula fuel (tasteless),
and use the lighter as it was originally designed?

I've been using the thunderbird insert... It's been amazing -- no complaints.