• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighter Problems

the gurkha

NWMSU Mafia Godfather
So I got a little Firebird Squire about 2 weeks ago and it broke. When I send it in for service I will have to cover my shipping as well as include a 6.00 check for their shipping costs. My Question is have any of you had a colibri or Firebird that broke and if so one that broke within 2 weeks of getting it? The piece that broke was the little ignition coil, it just broke in half. :angry2:

I have a Colibri that works great.

I would imagine that you could exchange it for a new one at the place you bought it from.

Ok, I just called their service center and since I've had the lighter for such a short period of time they are going to waive the shipping charges so all I have to pay for is getting it to them.

Had a slow leak problem with mine.
Took it to my local store and gave them the $4 and change for shipping, they shipped it out for me and gave me a call when it got back in.

As for colibri, since they couldn't fix it, sent me a newer and updated one.
Mine was older.

Don't mess with cheap lighters. Spend the buck twenty-five ($125) and get yourself an Extend from Dupont. Hands down, probably one of the best torches out there for the money. It's all I use now! ;)

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Don't mess with cheap lighters. Spend the buck twenty-five ($125) and get yourself an Extend from Dupont. Hands down, probably one of the best torches out there for the money. It's all I use now! ;)
[snapback]171237[/snapback]​
I've actually been pretty lucky with the Colibri's I've had over the years

I've had exactly the opposite luck with lighters. Any lighter that I spend over $50 on breaks within a couple of months. It gets fixed, but is never the same. By contrast, I have a $3.95 torch from JRs that has lasted me for around 5 years. Just my experience.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
[snapback]171237[/snapback]​
I'm with Leebo on that. I LOVE my Xtend! :love:
I think I got mine for closer to $95.

Ah, here's where I got mine: Connecticut Valley Tobacconist
It looks like the price went up a little since I bought mine a year ago, but still very well worth it.

Colibri WILL NOT let retailers return broken lighters for service or replacement. The biggest reason I don't sell Colibri in my store anymore. I had to eat 2-3 lighters that broke within days because I didn't want to tell the customer to pound sand.

Vector Lighters are MUCH better!

Ian Hannah
Billboardtobacco.com

tobaccoleaf1 said:
Colibri WILL NOT let retailers return broken lighters for service or replacement. The biggest reason I don't sell Colibri in my store anymore. I had to eat 2-3 lighters that broke within days because I didn't want to tell the customer to pound sand.

Vector Lighters are MUCH better!

Ian Hannah
Billboardtobacco.com
[snapback]171248[/snapback]​

We return them from my store all the time
229031_confused2.GIF

Yeah, am curious about that. But then again my went bad over the summer so I don't know of anything newer.

For a cheapy P.O.S. I get TIGERs from eBay. They run under $10 shipped and work pretty good. Tend to not work after some time, plus no warrenty or anything so what you're sent is all ya get.

I would not have allowed Colibri to get off the hook so easy. There should be no expectation for any product to break after two weeks. I know the shipping was only a few bucks but the principle here is that by paying for that shipping you are condoning to Colibri that you should have to pay an additional charge other than the original purchase price to be able to use your lighter.

I for one would of told them to go pound sand and if they did not make it right I would make it my sole purpose in life to post about my pathetic experience with their faulty product on every cigar BB I could find.

Of course I'd say it nicely..... wouldn't want them to think I'm vindictive. :)